on 4 April 2012
Excellent product. Compared to the named brand absolutely no difference with the added advantage of a window to see the fuel level. Much cheaper than any others I have found and I did a lot of searching before settling on this item.
on 16 July 2013
I bought the lighters for use on my boat. They arrived promptly, and well packaged,. I wanted two, as sometimes the peizo electric can get wet on a boat, and fail to light until dried out. So far, I have only had to use the one, in quite hostile damp conditions, and it has never failed to light. After a few trips with multiple use, the lighter is still on it's original gas tank. Overall this is an excellent product at an amazingly low price, I would definitely recommend to my friends.
on 25 January 2016
Do not buy this item , they were not in packaging as in picture, the flame adjuster doesn't work and when the flame comes on it is very powerful, I felt like a flame thrower and it nearly burnt me, also couldn't switch the flame off , it just kept flaring out, awful and should not be sold, have thrown in bin and reported to Amazon
on 12 June 2012
The products arrived prior to the estimated earliest date. Well made products at a very good price. The amount of fuel is visible in the handle.
on 7 April 2016
Does exactly as it says- I personally don't refill them- and they last about a month or so with daily usage. I wouldn't go back to matches now (I light a lot of candles) these are so much easier. Delivery was quick too
on 4 December 2013
There was a problem with deliveries of these as, after prompting, they arrived about 2 weeks late. However when they arrived they did what the box says, although I would have preferred pietzo only ones as the lighter on my gas cooker hob won't light although there is plenty of gas. However these were so cheap that it was cheaper to get them rather than try to repair my gas cooker and I have plenty of lighter fuel (although I haven't had to refuel them yet!).
on 24 September 2013
Was dubious about buying these as they were so cheap (2 for less than £2.) Admittably it is early days but both are working and even if they last only a few months; this will be longer than the last one purchased from a large super market, which cost over double the money just for one?, I shall be using it mainly to light candles, which will be just the once a day. If your use is greater maybe you will need something stronger; but for my use they appear fine.

Addition posted Feb' 2014 Have had this first one in constant use for 5 mnths. and it's still going strong. Can't be a bad buy! (it will probably pack up now)
on 16 May 2012
These lighters do the job. You slide the unlock mechanism, press the trigger and, hey presto, a flame. A slider adjusts the size of the flame. And there is no doubt, that this is a great price for two lighters.

You should note that the overall quality feels poor. The plastic just feels a little flimsy and the lock and flame-adjustment slider don't feel like they will last long.

Also, if you look closely at the picture, the top lighter looks smaller than the bottom one. Like me, you might think that's just to do with the perspective that the photo was taken from. Afraid not. Expect to receive one big and one small.

All in all, it's still a great price for two lighters. Rather than refill them, I think I will be throwing these away and buying new ones when they are empty.
on 19 December 2012
I purchased these for 2 reasons: 1.) the good reviews; 2.)the fact that they had very thin nozzles that would enable me to light candles in slender funnels and brightly coloured enabling ease of finding the lighters in the kitchen 'clutter' drawer. What arrived were 2 lighters that were completely different: i.e. coloured black with chunky nozzles that would not do the job required. I then used the return process and printed out the return labels, only to find that it was not 'Freepost' and I would have to pay for the return. Apart from postage cost, it would mean a lengthy trip to the post office and my time is valuable. So I didn't bother and left this review instead.
on 9 July 2013
Works great, there's an on/off switch which when off means you can't spark it so it's safe around little children who find it (unless they know how to switch it on and off, but really small kids won't be able to), I use the smaller one for lighting votives and the bigger one for 18 oz candles. I've never had a problem sparking a light (for the cheap price, I was expecting I'd need to flick it a few times to get it lit, but I was wrong) and so far haven't needed to refill it (so I can't say if it works just as well once you've refilled it, like with some lighters I have for smoking, soon as they run out of gas they take ages to spark even though they're refillable, so I'm waiting to see if this is the same or if it's just as good).

See one answered question