TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 December 2016
I never had time to get into The Walking Dead when it first started, so I am catching up now. I just finished season one and I really enjoyed it. Great characters, great effects and a very intriguing take on the Zombie apocalypse. I look forward to watching the other series as soon as I have the time!
on 18 January 2014
Rick Grimes is a small town Sheriff, happily married to his wife Lori and father to a young boy Carl. Whilst chasing down a criminal Rick is shot & falls into a coma for several weeks only to wake into hell.
The dead no longer stay dead & they are trying to eat you. Rick sets off on a journey to find his wife & son & try to find out why the dead have risen in this explosive first season.

Based off the graphic novels by Robert Kirkman, The Walking Dead is a action packed & emotionally engaging show.
on 31 May 2014
I have watched every episode since this first series and I think it is right up there behind The Wire and Boardwalk Empire. This first season sets up what is happening to America during an unknown pandemic - the following series, whilst loosely following the comic, are each different in style. Definitely one not to miss even if you're not a great zombie fan. Essentially this is about the human being and how we react to tragedy on a large scale A character-driven tale.
on 18 September 2017
I guess you'll only buy this if you are interested in the very long, very boring, over-rated TV show. A show that started off ground breaking and could have been so much, but in my eyes sadly failed.
on 25 September 2013
Outstanding opening season to a series that will rate up there with many of the best series of all time - gripping all the way through! If you're looking for a standard Zombie slasher story this is not the usual run of the mill. Yes there is Zombie slashing etc but what takes this series up a level is the character interactions and intertwining story lines. Could not wait to see season 2. Brit Andrew Lincoln is our guy and we are with him all the way! Watch it and you'll be hooked!
on 17 February 2018
This is indeed a copy of The Walking Dead, Season 1. I don't know what else you'd want from a review of this product. I enjoyed watching it. Maybe you will too.
on 18 November 2015
I have only just started watching this. I was put off by the Zombie subject matter. I had visions of B movie zombie films. Sure its about zombies but its well produced and of high quality. In fact after 2 episodes I am hooked, I only hope the rest is as good as the first few episodes, I have a feeling it is!
on 10 January 2016
Very good but, towards the end of episode 1, a glimpse of what is going to be a major part of the rest: i.e. extra maritial relations, with kids thrown in for good measure. Without this heavy distraction it could have been excellent. Now, I'm afraid, it's going to be just like fifty other semi-soaps.
on 22 June 2012
I am a horror fan , although i often find films with " zombies " in them a bit unrealistic , bad make up ,bad acting etc , however i have been totally hooked with this series and would recommend this series to any horror addict , well acted , great " zombies " , the cast has 3 actors who appeared in " The Mist " which is another great film , Chandler Riggs plays one of the children in " The Walking Dead " and plays his part very well , he has the right balance between being terrified but getting on with what life throws at him and his family , i have already pre ordered season 2 .
on 9 February 2012
I'd never heard of this before my husband said we HAD to watch it. It was gripping stuff! Like watching a film every episode because it's full of excitement and suspense. It's not really a horror series but there are zombies in it. The series also focuses on the relationships of the main characters so you get to know them but you never know who's going to be targeted next by the zombies because everyone's in danger in this. The second series isn't as good as this first series.