on 5 July 2011
Ok,you get what you pay for. If you want a high powered hd, do it all cam, this is not for you. If you wanta quick and easy cam for the kids and less demanding filming, it is ideal. The forward looking screen makes it great for quick video diary notes on the move etc . I paid a little and got a useful little gadget.
on 25 November 2012
Didn't expect much of this. Bought mainly to give my wife the opportunity of moving up from still pictures to videos.
Arrived on time. Well packaged.
Gave it to my wife unopened, got strange look, not unusual but she likes it, no time at all she takes lots of video pics and some still pics, only problem was it would not transfer them to either her or my computer, kept asking for drivers to be installed. Three emails to Vivitar and eventually a reply, seems the installation disk was faulty. Vivitar sent a download and once installed everything worked okay. Nice clear pics. Buttons a bit iffy, opening the view screen required levering with a knife, thought it might break first. All in all exceedingly good value for money. Might not have to invest in a more expensive model. Handbook? Yes it's got a handbook, fifty odd pages of small print, for us old 'uns a magnifying glass is essential but it tells the operator everything he/she needs to know. Great. An ideal FIRST video camera.
on 2 July 2012
The Vivitar camcorder is useful for keeping in your pocket, briefcase etc for capturing that unexpected moment for a budget quality product it is quite good in day light however not so good in shade or shadow.

I use mine mainly for still shots which can be a little blured or fuzzy even with the camera anti shake mode selected much better in video mode.

All in all its quite a good product for the price!
on 4 January 2012
I bought this as a Christmas present for my Grandson together with a decnt memory card and reader. He really loves it and spent most of the day filming every one then showing the films on the telly. Outstanding value but don't expect the same quality as you'd get from a more expensive camera, just accept it for what it is and you won't be disappointed.
on 15 August 2012
good camera, great price, well worth the purchase, great for Vlogging and regular filming. It has some focus issues, but nothing major, and is good quality.
on 19 January 2013
Not to bad for the money we've paid for it. My 5 year old loves it! Picture and video quality isn't great but the camera was only £20. Hope this helps.
on 29 December 2013
Bought this to take to Tennessee with me, I wish I had taken my old camcorder with me instead. It is ok when you are static, sitting in front of it, but when you try to film movement the quality of the film is bad.
on 10 February 2012
I know it is cheap, but why make something that looks/feels like it will only last a few weeks. Bought for my son as he likes to watch himself and the flip screen looked perfect. Wrong decision. Have sent back for a refund.
on 20 November 2011
Well it's certainly cheap and that's refelected in the build quality.

The video is about what you'd expect from something this cheap but the audio is absolutely appalling. We tried several recordings and the audio was unintelligable.

Basically not worth even the cheap price its on offer for, so its being returned.
on 28 January 2013
Cheap and flimsy plastic, also faulty with the power button only working periodically.

I had a very disapointed grand son on my hands Christmas morning when we could not switch it on and use it.

To add insult to injury I had to return this item at my own expense. Despite the sellers policy stating they will refund return postage if an item is faulty (which of course it was) they refused to refund me the postage cost.