TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 12 July 2014
I wasn't planning on buying a new Razor as I already have a Gillette Fusion Power one and I only needed some new blades. But Amazon was selling the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor for only £5 (now £12) so I ended up buying it.

If I'm being totally honest I can not see any difference at all between the Gillette Fusion Proglide Power Razor & my Gillette Fusion Power. I'm sure there is differences that will help with marketing etc. But as a normal user of powered Razors they both feel the same to me. Both give a very nice, clean & close shave with no hairs remaining.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 March 2017
Not a patch on the more expensive "non powered" new version, which together with the additional lubrication shelves is a really first class razor. The swivel heads add to the ease of the shave, and although the blades seem expensive they seem to last for a very long time indeed, so they are well worth the additional cost. Also no batteries o worry about!
One person found this helpful
on 12 April 2017
Years ago I bought one from boots which worked very well until recently the motor stopped working. When I bought this particular version, it worked perfectly well, until last week when the power button fell out and the power function is no longer usable. The power function doesn't necessarily provide a closer shave, but helps reduce tugging.

Since I have used it several times, it is not possible to return and its not worth the return postage fees. It is now in the bin. Disappointing.
on 29 August 2017
This is a great battery operated head razor that is the closest razor that I've ever used. I used an electric shaver 5 day's a week but a couple of days a week I use this Gillette fusion proglide power razor which is alot faster than a normal hand razor. The head vibrates making shaving alot closer and easier against the grain wthout it pulling and allowing the blade to last longer which was a surprise, it also allows you to shaves in a shorter space of time. The postage was very fast and I couldn't be more pleased with this item than I already am.
on 26 July 2015
Big debate as to Gillete vs the old style like Merkur. Have no doubt that a quality Merkur would be good and cheaper. Disappointed with Gillette. Fusion proglide is as good as you get with this type of razor. Anything beyond its a gimmick. This include vibrating ones or the rollerball. Bottom line is the standard fusion proglide is excellent and does not need gimmicks
on 26 February 2018
The best shaver money can buy its just a shame the refills blades are so expensive to buy should cost less but hey what can we do its just money
on 3 December 2016
Pros:

Excellent price.
Very easy to put together.
Leaves skin fairly smooth.

Cons:

The packaging was very difficult to get off.
The shave is not the closest in the world.
Blades become blunt fairly soon.
The electric element of it seems not to make a difference!

All in all a good holiday razor (better than disposables) but not a permanent addition to your grooming armory!
on 13 August 2012
Shaving is nice, a really big and stable shaving 'thing' on your chin. Gives the feeling of impossible cutting in your face.
Shaving only once with the Mach-3 and the result is nice, shaving once with the Proglide the result is bad. You have to shave twice with the Proglide for a better result compared with the Mach3.
The single blade on top (for under your nose) is nice.
Battery-powered vibration is unnecessary, no better result, strange and unpleasant vibration
on 14 August 2012
Well! It's another new razor from Gillette! They bring a new one out every year and charge the earth for new blades? I have to say, this razor is good and the battery powered one actually works better for me than the other ones - but why are the blades so expensive? They cost less than £2 to make! That said, this review is about this razor and it's pretty awesome - nothing spectacular when compared to previous models, but it is better.
on 21 May 2018
great razor and good service very pleased