on 16 January 2018
This edition is very strangely typeset and the images are missing. Wherever there is supposed to be a figure there is instead the text "Fig. 1". The text is all centred instead of ragged and justified. The text is really small and the pages are large, which makes the lines too long. This makes the book difficult to read, which unfortunately distracts from the excellent content.
on 29 January 2017
Once you get past the bitty opening chapters, this book is very well written giving insight and analogy to social injustice and then onto the reason I read this book, because of wanting something to articulate the multi-dimensionality of heaven/The Kingdom of God. Absolutely brilliant depiction of our limited perspective of this world and mind-bending as it challenges us to see beyond our own eyes. Glad to have read this.
on 17 June 2011
This is (as you would have read already!) a thought-provoking read. Taking you from 0 to any number of dimensions in a logical way. You have to want to read it I think, you can't just pick it up on the off chance.

In a nut shell it is the story told in the first-person by a man in a two-dimensional world that is taken on a journey into our three-dimensional world, experiences 1 and even 0 dimensions, and muses on 4 and more.

Logically sound, it makes you think about dimensions carefully and conceptualises ideas and concepts you may not have given time or thought to before.
on 8 May 2016
Amazing story, seriously, but defective version. The premium paperback edition claims to be illustrated but it's missing diagrams and the only images it has are random and completely unrelated to the topic of the book. I want my money back. Also, it has spelling and presentational mistakes.
on 28 February 2016
The story is a classic. This ebook is a joke. None of the referenced illustrations are included, there are spelling errors and there are no quicklinks to footnotes. Some sentences are marked as "highlighted", perhaps they were meant to be bold? I only read the first ten pages before deciding to download a free .pdf version instead to transfer as I should have initially.
on 3 December 2016
This is printed publication of free text available online. It does not have any images instead it has printed

<<illustration 2>>
<<ASCII approximation follows>>

Have applied for a refund immediately.
on 16 December 2013
This short book truly opened my mind to other dimensions!

The way 1, 2 and 3 dimensional worlds are described from the inside and when viewed from each other is inspired. It then only takes a small leap of imagination to start thinking about where extra dimensions (beyond our 3 physical ones) may be and why we could not see or understand them with our 3-dimensional eyes/minds.

It seems bizarre to recommend such an old book as a starting place to get your head around hidden dimensions, string theory, etc.
on 31 August 2016
Flatland is a great book - don't get me wrong. But this edition is a very low quality, print-on-demand, Project Guttenberg generated copy with no illustrations and bad formatting.

Do yourself a favour and get a better edition.
review image
on 23 September 2015
I downloaded this onto my kindle as I am lending my paperback copy to my grandchildren; a good, thought provoking book.
on 31 May 2015
A very interesting and imaginative exploration of 'dimension'. The difficulty of my conceiving of anything that does not exist in three dimensions (however thin one of them might be) persists throughout the book but the analogies are suggestive. Some knowledge of maths is an advantage!