Size: One Size|Colour: Red|Change

on 28 August 2013
I play water polo at county level and also regularly compete in lane swimming events and races, so swimming technique and strength is important to me.

This pullbouy is brilliant for building upper body strength and technique for front crawl or back stroke.

I've noticed some pullbouys give too much buoyancy so it actually becomes too easy, but this one is weaker so it is ever so slightly harder to keep afloat, perfect for training.

As other people have mentioned, you can also swap which way around it goes, for example if you want slightly more buoyancy you can put the larger end at the bottom towards the water.

All in all, its a great tool for improving technique and strength, both for people learning how to swim, for those who want to improve technique or those who want to train for body conditioning.
on 2 July 2015
Really useful for improving my stroke.

I stopped swimming for about five years, and when I got back into it after joining the gym, I realised it was harder than I remember it being, I was struggling with my breathing seeming to only be breathing on my right side rather than alternating and my rotation when breathing was too much. after using this almost exclusively when swimming for the past month it seems to have really sorted out my technique.

THe only problem is that sometimes when not using this I forget to use my legs!

My technique still isn't as good as it used to be but its a damn sight better, I'm better at alternate breathing, my body is longer when I swim and my stroke is more powerful. Excellent product for beginners and more competent swimmers alike.
on 30 December 2012
The pullbuoy came on the day estimated. I have used it twice and once I got over my self conscious feeling of having something shoved high up between my legs I was away.

It stays in place with no problem and it has helped my freestyle no end. It makes your body stay in the right position so you can concentrate on technique, breathing and body roll. As a result I can honestly say I have not swam better. I use it for the first 2-300 metres and then the rest of the swim is without. This works a treat for me.

Recommended.
on 30 December 2013
My daughters have had the same pullbuoys for years so bought this one to replace them it is a much better than the old ones its a better shape and material if you swim regularly this is well worth the cost.
on 20 November 2013
Very well designed - I've used mine twice daily for several months now with no wear at all. Dries out very quickly, too. Great tool to use for focussing on your pull technique and strength, as it takes your legs out of the equation but still helps you maintain the correct body line. Also great for using in freestyle when developing the right amount of body roll in your stroke. Bought mine at the Speedo store.
on 13 June 2016
Although I am in no way a professional swimmer, I do swim regularly and was looking for a floatation device which would allow me to work on strengthening my upper body or lower body as needed. This pullbuoy is great for that, as when placed between the legs it offers enough floatation and balance so that I can focus on the movement in my arms and perfect the strokes. It also works when held horizontally by the arms to strengthen leg movement.

The device offers the perfect amount of floatation for me although the amount of support it gives can be changed dependent on which way it is held between the legs; positioning the larger part towards the bottom of the pool with the smaller end between the legs offers more buoyancy. It also, surprisingly, is not uncomfortable. I am quite small and the material is pretty firm but after a lap or too, the pullbuoy doesn't feel out of place.

In summary, this is a great tool for if you want to perfect your swimming technique, for strength training or if you just feel like having additional buoyancy and support when swimming.
on 8 November 2015
i bought this after seeing everyone in the gym with their little yellow and blue stripy floats. However when it's between your legs the large end forces your whole body completely upwards so you are fighting to keep your body level. Makes no difference of the large end is facing the bottom of the pool, it is still far too powerful and I gave up on the end because I was fighting against it too hard. Think I'll go for the normal blue and yellow one next time, not the swish make!
on 21 July 2013
This product is awesome. It really helps me with my freestyle stroke swimming as it helps to keep the body horizontally aligned with the water level. Would Definitely recommend to the new learners who are struggling with balancing the body in water while doing freestyle stroke.
on 11 April 2015
A really simple piece of training equipment that no regular swimmer should do without. It's the perfect size to fit comfortably and doesn't slip in use without requiring much squeezing. It really does lift the legs up with some force and helps you concentrate on arm pulls. Fits inside a mesh bag and isn't too large. Just buy it, you can't go wrong for the money.
on 9 November 2014
Bought this for my 6'2 tall husband to use. Similar size to my standard stripey version you can buy so was concerned it wouldn't give him enough support and buoyancy, however, it does and I prefer to use this one than my own. Very pleased.