on 9 April 2018
A Delightful animated feature from Walt Disney Pictures about a naive young lion cub destined for greatness. Born the son of a beloved and authoritative king he's groomed to be the next ruler of the kingdom, but along the way he encounters tragic detours at the hands of his villainous uncle and scheming hyena henchmen. Years later, as an adult, he decides to embrace his destiny and take his proper place in the Circle of Life. Warm, intelligent, laugh-out loud funny film is a triumph in every aspect; unforgettable songs, snappy dialogue, remarkable animation, and a stellar cast of voices make this a treat for all ages. A rousing adventure that you can enjoy again and again, and arguably one of the finest animated films ever made.

The Lion King was, and still is, a great movie and I love it. I hope that everyone gets to experience it for themselves, it’s a timeless classic, a must see movie. I've watched it many times and it is always good no matter how many times you have seen it. The songs are great and so are all the characters and the story is incredible, great for all ages! I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't already watched it.
2 people found this helpful
on 26 May 2017
The reason i purchased a 3d tv the bird at the begining flies from behind you flutters in the middle of the room and then flys off into the tv great film generally other 3d effects are good but not as amazing as the bird ... (we even froze the bird in the middle of our lounge :) ) Always will be a re-watchable film love it in 3d
3 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2011
The Lion King was the first film I saw at the cinema -I was only 6 years old at the time so all I can say that I remember about it that first time for sure is the stampede. More years than I care to remember we got a DVD player and started replacing those videos we still wanted to watch on DVD. But for some reason we couldn't get The Lion King -and as a result the only reason we have a VHS player is to watch the old Lion King copy that is all scratched and sticks because we've watched it too many times.

When it came out again at the cinema me and my 23 year old friends all went to see it opening night-and were way more excited than we had any reason to be. The Lion King is a film for all ages, even if you don't love it because you're it's target age or because you've loved it for 17 years I guarantee you will enjoy this film. It has amazing songs, fantastic characters-brilliant actors, come on Rowan Atkinson, Whoopi Goldberg, Jeremy Irons, Matthew Broderick and James Earl Jones? All together in a film with music by Elton John? What more could you want? Shakespeare? Because we essentially have that

Basically, if you don't love this film...well there's certainly nothing wrong with the film, so that just leaves you..
on 21 May 2016
My previous experience with 3D has been disappointing. Perhaps I only saw 2D conversions in 3D sample discs, but the obvious layering of photographic scenes always looked false.

I last saw the Lion King 20 years ago. It was always my favourite Disney film and I thought it couldn't be improved - wonderful animation, a good story, a witty script and excellent voicing by Rowan Atkinson and Jeremy Irons. But I was wrong. The addition of 3D is quite sensational. If you'd thought the 3D would either be hardly noticeable, or irritatingly intrusive, you'd have been wrong. It is brilliant!
on 5 November 2011
A worthy Disney classic finally given the much coveted Diamond Edition release with the Blu-ray and DVD combi pack.

The film itself is amazing beautiful animation and a soundtrack written by Elton John and Tim Rice adding an emotional and sometimes humorous angle to this heartwarming story.

The Lion King as a story and a film is a worthy contender amongst other Walt Disney Classic films such as Snow White, Fantasia and Beauty and the Beast. Another bonus to The Lion King is that it contains a stellar cast including; James Earl Jones, Jeremy Irons, Rowan Atkinson and Nathan Lane.

Both children and adults can appreciate the film and I would and do highly recommend the Lion King to anybody who enjoys a good story told with talented filmmakers and animators.
on 6 December 2011
What can you say about the Lion King other than it's still a great film after all these years. A simple story of good verses evil, telling kids that what you see as fun may have consequences and all told with great scenery and great music. When my nephew was little this was his favourite film so I must of watched it thousands of times and I still love it. With this though I got DVD and blu-ray so when I fianlly get a pay rise if I ever get one again I'm going to treat myself to a blu-ray player and I've already got discs to watch, I always try to buy these packs now. If you look in the shops it costs a £1.00 less but all you get is the DVD, this I think is the best way to buy these days is the double pack so when you get that blu-ray player you don't have to go out and buy all your films again like you did converting from video to DVD.
on 4 May 2015
It's The Lion King, a timeless Disney classic that all Disney fans should watch! The tale of Simba the lion being born, watching his father die and then running off due to evil uncle Scar. Timon and Pumba who with their quirky songs help him to adjust to life, and that's just the beginning...I love this film, I purchased this for my nieces collection and she loved this film too. The crazy baboon will make you really laugh out loud along with so many other moments, it is true classic Disney at its best.
on 8 August 2017
A decent animation that is worth a look. It has all the usual sentimental features and the pulls the levers to get the right reactions.
One person found this helpful
on 24 July 2017
Awesome classic haven't seen in years put on for kids they were mesmerised all good when kids stop what there doing to sit and watch must have over holidays keep those little monsters quite 😉
One person found this helpful
on 15 May 2018
This was a brilliant buy, the film itself is fantastic as we all know and the quality gave it that extra level of greatness. The case itself is awesome with it's 3D cover, and that kept the kids in awe for ages!