on 2 January 2013
Seemed a reasonable number of good reviews so I regrettably made it known these would be a suitable Christmas present. I wore a pair that day with Rigger boots to walk the dog. On putting them on they Immediately seemed woefully short of the upper end of there size rating with the heel support coming just short of covering the sole of my foot. I felt having received 4 packs however I should try them out. It is no exaggeration to say I regretted the decision within 20 feet of the door. Within 5 steps they had worked there way down to being ankle socks and on removing my boots they slipped off all together. To be fair they seem to have a reasonable build quality and the wool itself was perfectly pleasant on the part of my feet it actually covered. I however cannot see past the over ambitious size guide. As a size 11/12 I was prepared to accept a less than perfect fit but I can't see them being suitable for any one with feet over an 8. Ultimately If you're a 5-9 they may be worth a try anything larger and look elsewhere.
on 1 October 2011
Delivery of the order was very quick, the sockes themselves are ok, and do exactly waht they are intended to do, however, i have found that the elastic used to hold them up is a bit on the tight side and is causing pressure indentations on the calves after a short period of wearing them
on 4 September 2014
My Husband is a Motor Vehicle Tech, wears steel toe caps, is fussy about everything, (including nice neat short toenails) I apologise if that is too much information, but he seems to eat through socks at an alarming rate, so far these have lasted, in the past he has worn socks once and gone through the toes, so fingers (or should it be toes) crossed I have now upped the rating for these socks to 5 stars (hard luck to everyone who accuses me of giving everything 5 stars. They have lasted several months of hard wear, and no sign of thinning or holes at all very pleased
on 14 June 2012
Like most human beings my feet heat up and sweat, not normally a problem for most socks as the they simply soak it up. However, the problem with these particular socks are when you remove them after a normal working day, most of the inside of the sock is left stuck to the bottom of your foot! therefore you end up leaving a messy trail of leftover, soggy sock material all over the place. I couldn't believe the mess and neither could the wife! Another bug bear is they're too tight at the top so dig in a bit after a few hours, I appreciate people of different sizes might not get any discomfort from this but you'd have to be pretty small because my ankles and calves are pretty average. I've literally had to throw them all in the bin as the hoover was starting to get clogged up with all the sock discharge.
44 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2012
Decent quality socks, they seem very durable. Tried one pair and they're very comfortable for me but might be a bit tight on someone with stockier legs.

Didn't realise until they arrived however that the packs contain both navy blue and black socks, which the listing does not mention.

Polite and courteous seller. Would recommend - just remember that what you see in the picture isn't quite what you'll get.
on 9 January 2012
some very good comfy, cheap and hard wearing works socks ive given them a good amount of stress in work boots working 11 hour shifts they have remained comfortable and still no signs of wear not much more i can say =)just very good
on 1 May 2013
The socks were a disappointment. I wanted the reinforced heels which worked well but holes quickly appeared between the heal and the rest of the sock. They lasted 4-6 wearings. Perhaps the manufacturer could look to reinforcing the stitching between the sock and the reinforced heel.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 17 May 2015
Excellent workaday socks. Middling thickness with noticeable reinforcing to the toe and heel area. I take a size 9 and they fitted perfectly. They are not the thickest socks I have ever owned but neither are they too thin and they are comfortable and protective enough for normal use.

If you want a good well made pair of socks for general use then these are a great buy for the price.
on 21 September 2014
I bought these for mu husband who has, in his words, 'skeletal feet' and they are a little tight (he is size 11). I think it is because they haveca higher cotton content than he is used too. Wash and wear well. Arrived quickly in neat box. At this price very good value.
on 1 March 2012
I bought these as I was fed up of wearing wafer thin socks with no comfort at all.
These socks are comfortable, thick and hopefully long lasting and the only problem I have is they start getting bit sweaty after wearing them for few hours and in my case after around 4 hours, its like walking in a mucky field for the rest of my shift however this might just be my individual case as I do sweat a lot.

All in all a good buy if your feet don't sweat too much or if your are working in an office environment. I walk for near enough all my 8 hour shift.