on 31 May 2011
Very happy with this product. Just as described. Robust good quality cards and pieces. Combines the luck of the dice with a memory game.
on 13 August 2011
this is a good quality game as always from ravensburger.girls love rapunzel so it was a hit in that way. I bought it for a five year old despite the fact that the age recommendation on the box did say 6+-would agree as not sure my just turned five year old had the patience to wait for the game to reach its conclusion. better than a game thats too easy though and think as she gets older she'll get more fun out of it.
on 8 January 2012
Challenging the memory of children and adults alike, I kept forgetting where the secrets were!!! Mind you playing with children is enough of a distraction to make you forget :-). I recommend. My daughter is 5 and (mostly) manages to stick with the game til the end.
Unlike the "Magic Wand Game" which I've just reviewed, this one, "Rapunzel Enchanted Forest" is at least fair value for money at the current price of just over £12. The game itself isn't what I'd call brilliant but it's not awful either, although I do feel that it falls somewhere between age groups. That is, it requires a level of concentration and ability to rise above frustration that is likely to be too much for little ones, whereas older children will quickly get bored with its limited scope.
As with many games, you soon realise that more could have been done to make it more interesting; for example, there's a section of the board which never gets visited because, although it has squares to move on, there's no earthly need to go there - it contains none of the tree squares that players need to land on to progress through the game.
This sounds like a small point to mention, but it's one which annoys me every time we've played the game; if you get to play it yourself you'll see what I mean. Why not space the trees out more evenly and make use of the whole board? It makes no sense.
There are also other ways that the game could have been made more interesting but perhaps the designers thought that it's challenging enough as it is. Not a bad game, and reasonable value for money, but it's not as interesting or imaginative as it could have been.
on 8 March 2012
I got this for my daughter aged 8 and she really likes the game,i have also played the game with her and found it great aswell (male aged 45).
The artwork is great and is easy to setup and get started.
on 19 September 2013
Easy enough to play without being too simple and boring. Decent quality that come to expect from Ravensburger. A card is turned over and the first player to discover which tree has the same picture as the card underneath it has to then race to the village and when they get there turn over the correct tree to win the corresponding card. They then re-start from a point In the middle of the board and another card is turned. The game ends when all cards have been won and the winner is the person with the most cards. Enjoyable for our 6 year old and us.
on 10 July 2012
We chose this for my daughter's birthday and she loves playing it. It encourages addition and subtraction linked to one of her favourite films.
on 29 January 2013
I bought this for my 5 year old daughter who loves Disney Princesses and although the packaging and the game itself is solid and well made, the thought process behind the game is pretty lame. We regularly play board games and compared to a proper "strategy" game, this Rapunzel game is rather boring.
on 16 January 2016
Bought this a couple of years ago and played it a few times, then it's been on the shelf until we played it yesterday. Daughter now aged 8 and the game is average at best. It does warm up as you go on but initially it is quite frustrating having to get to each tree by the exact dice throw (although there are 2 dice and a couple of different ways to use your score) to find the matching item. Later in the game, you can take advantage of memory so it's not such a hike round the board. It's just not in the same leaque as carquesonne and whoowasit for excitement and for disney girls, I'd rate cinderellas magic slipper game above this
on 8 February 2013
My 4 year old daughter loves this game, it's a good memory game and easy to follow and doesn't take too long to play!