on 9 March 2018
ALLLLLL the songs, plus lyrics!!!! Fantastic CD, just slightly baffled by extra track 'My favourite things' sung by Lea Michele (no idea who she is), not keen on her version.
on 22 June 2011
I grew up with this film on the television-usually at Christmas or a Sunday afternoon matinee. I recently went to Sing-a long-a-Sound of Music at the Royal Theatre in Wakefield and took my two daughters aged 10 and 12. They loved it so could not wait for the soundtrack cd, and dvd. It is not disappointing. Although they know most of the words now, the words on the screen add to our enjoyment of the film as we sing along and do the actions-I never knew there were actions either. You are supposed to bark at the postboy, boo at the Germans, miaow at the Baroness, make vomiting noises very time Gretl is on screen, and there ARE actions to "Maria" and "Do Re Mi". Use your imagination. Have some fun. Cringe at how sexist-"You are sixteen" is in 2011. But most of all, enjoy it for what it is-charming.
on 27 June 2012
I bought the 35th Anniversary import of this score ten years ago, although it contained most of the incidental music from the film, together with all the songs, it didn't include the Entr'acte which played during the film's Intermission. As Intermission music goes it's not up there with other Entr'actes' like "The Alamo", "Ben Hur" or "How the West Was Won"; but it did set the audiences' feet tapping in anticipation of part two.

This new recording features-along with the familiar songs of course-more incidental music which was never available back in 1965. This album is fine as a stand alone souvenir of a timeless classic. It's been a long wait.

Thank's for that Entr'acte.
on 23 April 2012
I don't like musicals and for years I mocked my mother and aunts for their love of this film. Then I had kids of my own and one day I sat and watched this film with my daughter. I was WRONG. The film - if you have not seen it is a masterpiece, engaging and enjoyable from start to finish. The music is absolutely brilliant, memorable, catchy and well performed. This CD includes all the very best music from the film in excellent quality, I highly recommend it.
8 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2016
Brilliant! Introduced my 7 year old to the film and then HAD to buy the soundtrack so we can all singalong at home and in the car! Read lots of reviews as so many compilations to choose from. LOVE this version as the songs are straight from the film!
One person found this helpful
on 5 November 2014
I have been a fan of this movie for more years than I care to remember 50, there I remembered. Almost all the songs are memorable and I cant think of anybody I know who does not like it so I finally got around to buying the soundtrack album. I now prefer the album to the movie but only just, at least the album can be listened to on the move. I whole heartedly recommend this album so go buy it.
on 14 March 2018
Bought for my mum - great price - prompt delivery and condition as described - many thanks !!
on 20 March 2018
This soundtrack is ageless - the lyrics live on eternally. Always worth having.
on 9 December 2011
Wonderful film and cannot be underestimated as a classic for musical score and delivery, worked with a cheesy light touch i first saw this in Malaya in the mid 60's and it still works musically, we all know the story but if you like Austrian scenery and a charming 90 minutes of a simple story well put together it's a ten out of ten, eat chocolate light the fire and turn back the years.
on 17 July 2010
This musical is currently enjoying a revival thanks to the televised competition to find a new Maria, and the West End production does not disappoint. However, those of us of a certain age will remember the Julie Andrews version, and the sound quality is as perfect as it ever was. The whole cd is a joy to listen to, and brings back happy memories of all those wonderful romantic songs. I definitely recommend it as a good tonic.