Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£1.58

on 6 February 2013
This is such wonderful nostalgia we laughed so much and just wanted the cd to never end it brought back memories of times sat by the radio each week and laughing all the time. Just wonderful such talent.
on 27 November 2010
Whilst a schoolboy I quickly became addicted to listening to the weekly broadcast of the Goon Shows and was a fan throughout the transmittion years. I bought a tape deck, open spool, and began to record them so I could listen to them whenever I wanted to be amused. I did however miss the musical intervals on the CD's. I still cannot listen to them without bursting out laughing.
on 11 May 2015
I don't quite know which brought a smile to my face more, buying this for my Dads' Christmas present (along with the best of the Goon show no-2) was it the knowledge that my Dad can finally listen to all those so fondly remembered antics from yesteryear that he has whistfully craved over the years, or the fact that my Mum (like all women on the planet, including myself) hates this rubbish & will have to sit through it because number One Daughter bought it & it's a Christmas present?!!! Cruel, but a little bit funny too! :o)
on 24 December 2013
The Goons are what they are some people hate them. When I was a schoolboy fan in the 50's my Father thought they were 'just a load of silly noises'. They are, but what a unique collection. WE will never see their like again, Classic genius.
A wonderful trip back to my boyhood.
If you listen to it often enough to get the characters into your head and use your imagination you too could be hooked !
on 7 June 2014
Great memories of listening to this on the radio when I was a young teenager! Oh dear doesn't that make me sound ancient.... Never mind I;ve had a good chuckle listening to this again and if you don't know the Goons give it a try
on 20 November 2013
Anyone who grew up listening to the Goons never gets over them! Listening to the three brilliant idiots is even funnier than the first time. Simple little snippets that make you roar with laughter, even if there is no one else around. I purchased the three CD's then ordered another set for my brother. This is comedy that never was before, and I doubt will ever be again. My family still say things like "he fell in the water!" We know what we mean and why it is funny. Make the most of this opportunity and stop being so serious.....laugh!
on 4 June 2015
I'd already bought this for Dad before, my altzheimers creeping in there then .... but Dad is delighted with the Goon CDs - very pleased with his 87th birthday present - bought with a few others, brings back memories for him & for me too I have to admit ! The perfect gift it seems, for the man who thinks he has everything & I have now ended up with it & it's hysterically funny to listen to again and again.
on 26 December 2012
It's the Goons - what more is there to say? Memories of times sitting by the wireless come flooding back - sheer magic!
on 4 January 2014
I gave this to my sister (43) as it reminds us of a childhood listening to our father recite The Goons.
She listens in the car with her 3 kids (10, 8, 5). They LOVE it too.
on 27 February 2013
Still beats some current comedians hands down. Good clean fun and some of the funniest lines/jokes ever written. More please.