on 8 October 2017
Easy to install and great fun to use. Can't recommend enough.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 December 2017
fggfg
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 May 2014
I have been wanting to try my had at stop motion for a while. All these ideas that I have but have never got around to trying.

I saw that this is mainly aimed at children and schools, but works fine on my laptop. You get the program to load onto your computer, the camera (in a verity of colours to chose from) and even some different coloured plasticine so that you can make your own characters!

The camera is on a flexible neck so you can get different positions. It does not have the zoom capability (you actually have to move the camera closer to the item! Cheek.) but you can focus it. I know that sounds obvious, but you never know with these things.

It takes a bit of time to load it on, then you have to go to their website and authenticate your purchase, then you get the full (I think) programme.

It is reasonable easy to set up once all is done, plug in the camera, load it up using the short cut and off you go. I will admit that ut is annoying that every time that you load it up it defaults to my webcam for the camera, but under "Camera" at the top you just select the Hue camera and there it is.

The programme itself is very basic. You have a verity of colours (all of 6!) to edit the finished movie, one frame at a time by the way, but if you are just doing very basic stop motion, or stop motion that you done want to edit then this one is fine.

It does have a recording capability when editing so you can add voiced or sounds effects to the finished item if you so wish.

All in all this is a great way to get into stop motion. And with the huge amount of free video editing software available on the new then you can just move your movie made on this software into them, and edit them with more cutting edge techniques.

I would defiantly recommend this to anyone who would like to get into stop motion. I have thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 19 January 2012
pretty good product we've made some lego movies already which have proved entertaining and full of graphic violence of the red felt-tip variety. My 9 year old thinks it is great. Our old computer is groaning abit though due to the size of the files generated.............roll on buying a new computer!
on 26 December 2010
Bought this for my son who spends most of his time either playing on his Nintendo ds or reading books. I knew this could be a tough hobby to get him into, and as a visual communication lecturer, I also understand how time consuming animation maybe before you get great results. But it's great! Really easy to use, and the camera is really quite good. The ability to select several frames and copy and paste reversing their order is just like the higher end software you get. You can lay several sounds onto one film! The only drawback so far is you can't have several movies overlapping and fading into each other. Hey! But for the price, and the fact that certain limitations can actually make you more creative, this product is an EXCELLENT gift for anyone who wants to tinker into the world of animation!
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 January 2013
I gave the Hue Animation Studio as a present to my daughter for Xmas after reading nice reviews. Activation was really awkward and would not take the code. I tried to update the software and still the registration was not made. I cleaned it all from the registries and installed the lateset version directly and this time it took the code I was emailed. I guess the average person who does not work in IT would have to rely on their support... not very friendly first approach to the new present.
Finally we could use the software but was crashing every 2 or 3 minutes. To continue with it we needed to close the application and reopen it. For a 20 sec animation it took 2 hours and a lot of frustration. Thinking it was my laptop fault I then installed the software on a brand new Windows 7 laptop with an i5 processor, 6GB RAM, an amazing amount of space and a dedicated graphic card and still the same issue. Software bombs out if left unattended for 1 minute or you can use it for 2 minutes!!!!
Seeing how frustrated my daughter was I then decided to look for a free application. I tried loads but only one was really cool and working properly: "JellyCam" thanks to ticklypictures.
I then decided to write to their technical support and explained all the ins and outs with very detailed information hoping someone would have had the decency to give me at least a samll suggestion: 10 days after and still no email or any contacts whatsoever.
As it stands the camera is good, software clearly has got a major bug, money taken and no support given. This is a daylight robbery. Shame on you.
on 30 November 2014
Bought for my 7 and 10 year old. It was very easy to set up, we were up and running minutes after opening the box. So easy to operate the children could easily manage it alone. Within half an hour they had made 3 films and were howling with laughter. Can't recommend this enough, we had to drag them away from it. Everyone child should have one of these (maybe every adult too! I'm looking forward to having a play on it myself).
on 12 November 2010
Here is the first animation made by my daughter, she and her friends have had hours of fun making simple short films. The bendy camera is perfect as you can position it however you like. The software is very child friendly just press a button and you're away... beware, started off making little plasticine models but now nothing in the house is safe from being in her animated films - recommended
66 Comments| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 August 2014
Wonderful thing to keep the children occupied in the long summer holidays. Lots of fun
Took a while to have it installed on the PC though, as it did not do as described in the leaflet inside the packet. Took me a good 2 hours to get it going and to set it up properly with additional downloads, the programme does require (e.g. QuickTime).
But in the end - all is well
on 9 February 2011
My eleven year old son wanted this camera after being shown something similar at school. It is one of the best things he has ever bought. He took to it straight away and was creating models and making animations straight away. It really is a brilliant item which involves creativity and imagination, together with technology which almost any age could use. Brilliant!