Customer reviews

on 19 July 2011
Excellent idea.

Good for travelling to stick under your compact for scenic/low light/family pics etc.

Fits on the bottom of my S95 and still (just) fits in its dedicated case.

It's small but feels solid and well made. Legs move in a tight and controlled manner so you can position how you will. It's the size of your finger though, so can't see how anyone really expects it to be suitable for even a lightweight SLR!
on 21 April 2012
This mini-tripod is perfect for people like me, who like to take pictures on vacation but don't have the patience to take serious professional shots. This little tripod lets you get stable shots as long as you have a ledge or something to rest it on and also makes it easy to get yourself in pictures (as long as you don't have to worry about theft).
It is small enough that I can just leave it on constantly, the camera still fits in its case just fine and it's unobtrusive when taking normal point and shoot shots.
The only negative is that on my camera, the battery opening is right next to the opening where this screws in, so I have to mount/unmount it every time I need to change the battery. This doesn't outweight the benefits of the tripod, but is a little irritating.
on 13 May 2014
I really like the idea of this camera holder, sometime it work very fine but sometime I struggle to find the right position because in the front there is just one leg and I have to find the balance, but is can be solved by moving the holder position under the camera.
on 18 July 2013
I bought this little beauty, for my Nikon compact camera, and it is so small, I can keep it attached to the camera, even when it is in my pocket, although it will not fit in my cameras case, when attached. It does come with a small bag to keep it in, it also came with a compact screwdriver for tightening the attaching screw, and even a spare screw is provided.
Whilst it is not a conventional tripod, each of its three feet can be independently adjusted, so you have full control of the cameras position, which makes it ideal for those "get yourself in the picture" or low light photo situations.
Overall, for the price I paid, I am very pleased with it, particularly with the usual Manfrotto build quality.
on 5 June 2013
Superb build quality, solid metal construction and minimal weight in a support which can stay permanently attached makes this accessory a must-have, especially if your mini-camera camera has side loading battery and memory card compartments, like the Pentax Q. It stays permanently attached to the bottom of my camera and fits easily in its neoprene case, even attached. As long as there is a surface (doesn't have to be flat, the 3 fold-away legs can be independently angled to level the camera) there is a solid platform for your pictures. For what it is and with the camera it is used for, cannot fault it.
on 25 May 2013
Fantastic. A "must have" accessory. Goes with me everywere I go, never detach it. And it works with nikon j1, and olympus pen with regular kit lens too.
on 14 May 2013
It works well and is well made, but when not on the camera the fitting screw easily falls out and I have already lost one of them.
The fact that they give you a spare screw suggests they realize there is a problem with the design. The screwdriver they want you to tie to the support just gets in the way.
I like it, but I think the Manfrotto designers could have made a better job of the fitting screw.
An excellent product worth 5 stars, but only gets 3 because its slow and awkward to fit.
on 8 February 2013
Arrived very quickly. Purchased having seen the previous model in use. This one is more versatile having 3 legs whereas the previous one had 4 in groups of 2, but did appear to be more sturdy. Should have realised that when on the camera it blocks the battery and card compartment and the 'screwdiver' hangs free and can get in the way. However, very useful bit of kit for very little money.
on 5 March 2012
I was doubtful about this but the Manfrotto name sold it.
Glad I did. It's simple, sturdy, functional & handy.
I've lost count of the amount of times my Canon S95's fallen over on a table.
Not any more. Buy one, you wont be disappointed!