Customer reviews

3,532

on 1 July 2017
With the numerous reviews left, I was slightly sceptical, but decided to give Frontline a go once more. I switched to another brand months ago. Yes like with all flea treatment products you cannot expect immediate results.

My cat went through a phase of bald patches and at one point had to have a steroid injection to assist her in the healing process and to stop chewing her skin. Now 2 months later after using Frontline once more, she has a beautiful coat.
on 13 June 2017
We have a rescue cat that was originally feral so she spends a lot of time out doors. As a result she gets fleas fairly often. This product works very well for getting rid of the fleas that are actually living on your cat, however it is not the answer if you have an infestation. When we get an outbreak of fleas in the summer we have to use this in conjunction with other products to get rid of all the little blighters living around the house and garden.

The spot on comes in a blue pipette type applicator that has a snap off top to let the treatment out. The pipettes could be better designed as the top can be a little tricky to get off without getting any of the treatment on your self. It is also a little tricky to measure how much you are using if you plan apply it in a several spots. This being said with a little care and attention it's pretty easy.
on 24 January 2016
Unfortunately Frontline has been removed from a lot of vets, now I know why- it does not work. Over the years fleas have mutated and grown immune to it. I used this product on my two fur babies when I noticed they were itching, it did not stop the fleas from breeding or living. Fleas were crawling all over their skin so I did another treatment, no luck. I immediately phoned the vets who prescribed me treatment. Now they have completely gone. I'd advise others to question why Frontline is so cheap now- because it doesn't work anymore. Spend the extra cash and get a prescription or do some research into Diatomaceous Earth if you do not want to use chemicals on your animals or spend a fortune.
on 20 July 2017
Whilst I have used Frontline on my dog for years (she's now 12), my cat (who's 3) had a terrible reaction to this when I used it on him for the first time this past Saturday (it's now Thursday). I've always had stuff from the vets for him, but decided to try this instead. Unfortunately, it made him very ill and I almost had to call the emergency vets out to see him. Luckily he has made a full recovery, but on Sunday morning, I found him in the garden, with runny eyes and completely lethargic. He had clearly been sick in the conservatory during the night, which is why I was worried when he wasn't in there when I came downstairs for my breakfast. He did not respond to my calls and something prompted me to look around the garden for him. I found him sitting under a bush, unresponsive and looking very sorry for himself. Although he seemed to like being stroked and did not indicate that he was in any pain, he did not meow or purr when I gave him some fuss (he is usually very vocal). Over the course of the day, he did slowly pick up and by the next morning he was looking much better, but I kept him in the house for about 48 hours until I was sure he was fully recovered.

My mum and my neighbour both use this on their cats with no problems, but I would advise you to buy and use with caution, and keep your cat inside, if you can, so that you can keep an eye on it for at least 24 hours after administering the dose, just in case it has an adverse reaction. Amazon customer service were excellent when I called them about my issues earlier this week...
on 5 July 2017
After reading some of the reviews on this product mentioning fleas building up immunity to it, I was seriously considering a cheaper alternative. But as I have been using Frontline for the last nine years I thought I'd give it a go once again buying the three pipette pack for one application on each of my three cats. Result........
Still works, no fleas, job done. Will be buying the bigger pack from now on possibly via a dash button.
Would definitely recommend.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 July 2017
Picked this up on Prime Day for less than £14 for six pipettes - excellent value. We've recently started looking after a stray and our vet recommended we use Frontline to help keep him flea-free. The pipettes are easy to open and apply, the treatment doesn't affect his skin and since using Frontline, we haven't found any evidence of fleas, lice or ticks on him
on 1 July 2017
Having 4 Cat's that go outside, I have to make sure they are constantly protected from those pesky Fleas etc. I do like to change what I use around, as they ( The Fleas ) do become immune to the treatment. So always best to purchase a decent make and change every few months. Frontline is a good make and works, and at the price for 6, even better for my wallet.
on 18 May 2017
Always works on both my cats, they have not had any reactions at all. Sometimes you may find a wee tick crawling on the fir which is easily picked off (and flushed down the loo!) but the difference is that the tick does not get to bite the cat as they do not like the taste after this product is used. The two strays we took on had lots of pea-sized ticks but after continual once-a-month use of this product they have no ticks and are happy and healthy.
on 12 July 2017
I have used Frontline on my animals for years, with great success.....until now!!! I purchased this product for my cats and the same brand for my dogs and all of my poor animals still have fleas (I bought this after only one of them scratched but I couldn't see anything in their fur). I can't use any other spot on products on them for three more weeks as it will overdose them so my only option is to buy flea tablets from the vets at a greater expense! I have purchased ADVANTAGE spot on for future use as it comes highly recommend (although this advice was given when it was too late!!) The manufacturers of Frontline need to re-asses their products as upon speaking with my vet, it not working is a common problem these days! Amazon customer service has been fantastic and I am grateful for that!
on 10 July 2017
Have always used Frontline on my previous cats as it was a great product for flea treatment. On the latest two rescue cats we have I'm afraid to report that it just isn't the same.
The Poor things were scratching and licking all day even after treatment with Frontline and found they were covered in fleas.
Bought 'Advantage' and they were gone within 24 hours.
Won't buy Frontline again as other products are more effective.