Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 14 September 2003
I had started reading all the Night World books in order, but I have to say that when I read this book, I was completely hooked. It is now by far my favourite Night World book.
The story has a tragic beginning - where Rashel see's her mother and brother cruelly murdered and sees it done in the most horrific way by a vampire. I love romance, but I hate it when books start to get soppy, so I was thrilled when I found out that Rashel's soulmate was a actually a vampire, and one of the worst ones at that. Their love was forbidden, dangerous to both of them, and could cost them their lives if they gave into it.
This is the first book I've read where it is a romance, action and thriller all at the same time.
"The Chosen" is an amazing book, definitely worth a read. Although at first the idea of Vampires is quite disgusting, what with all the blood, it has been portrayed so well that you start to wish vampires really did exist.
on 8 February 1999
If you have read the any of the other Night World books this one is just as good. Ms. Smith has yet wrote another stunning book. The Chosen is based around two characers Quinn and Rashel. They are sworn to hate each other but will love overcome all that. Especially since Quinn is doing something both the Night World and human world would disaprove of, and Rashel knows about it. This brings her in great danger. Will good over come evil, well that's something for you to find out about. I've read this book so many times the pages are getting torn, but it is worth it!!!
Deb
on 12 April 2002
This was the last one of the night world series that I read and I was surprised that it was one of the best ones in the series which I found unusual in a book set in the middle of a series. The characters of Rashel and Quinn are both realistic and acctually give the reader an insight into what could prompt people to act in a a way diffent to weveryone else.
on 26 December 2000
This is by far the best out of the series, and I have read all bar the last one. It is about this human called Rashel who at the age of five finds her mum dead and her best friend being sucked dry by a vampire. As she grows up she becomes a vampire hunter and is called the "Cat". The only problem is that her Soul Mate is a bloodthirsty vampire named Quinn.
I would definetly recomend it to hopelessly romantics and those who like a bit of action. I read this when I was ten and I still love it.
If anyone has any information about the last book e-mail and tell me NOW!!!
on 13 January 1999
Quinn Redfern, first seen in Daughters of Darkness, is as cold and heartless as a snake. Rashel Jordan is dangerous and beautiful, known to the Night World as the Cat. So when The Snake and The Cat meet it is amazing to find the soulmate theory in full effect. But Quinn is doing something dangerous. Something cosidered wrong in both the human and the non-human worlds. He's working the slave trade. Can Rashel stop him before it's to late?~~~ I loved this book. Quinn and Rashel are great together. The last battle of good against evil is a great touch. I give it a billion points.
Flynn
VINE VOICEon 16 December 2008
Rashel and Quinn are such a great couple, not only because they are forbidden but they are both powerful in their own right. Different to the power relationship of say, Mary Lynette and Ash. I love how they are both sworn enemies but also how they are meant for each other (cheesy but it really works and hey, it's a teen book)

I have gone on a reviewing rampage with these books as I am eagerly awaiting the final installment after rediscovering my love of the books after about 8 years...go read the series and hope that the final book is released soon!
on 10 December 2000
This is not the best of the nine available Nightworld books, but it gives a good insight into what the books are about. It tells of Rashels quest to avenge her mothers death by becoming a vampyre hunter, the best vampyre hunter. Then she meets Quinn a cold but dashing vampyre. He could be the end of her yet he could be her one true chance at happiness. This book is one of the deepest and sets a good foundation for the next four to come. I would recomend this book, it is and enjoyable read. Dont take it to seriously though!
on 2 October 2011
Iv read the previous four night world book and must say upto now this is the best, so much goes on. All these book are really great but my only (small) complaint is that apart from dark angel,they all end with you wanting to know more. They dont feel like the end of the book and i kept saying to myself i NEED to know what happens next and im hoping ill find out in one of the next 4 book. Over all would tell anybody to read them all.
on 22 August 2000
its about a girl called Rashel who is a vampire hunter and finds out about a group of vampiers who are kidnapping teenage girls. So she goes under cover and gets in on it all. She saves all the girls and then finds out that her soulmate is the vampiers who was doing all the kidnapping. But she has to kill him to save any other girls from being kiddnaped. She has to chose between that and her strong love for this vampier.
on 17 October 1999
In my opinion, this is the best of L. J. Smiths books. I've read al the ones in print, and is it just me, or does Quinn, Gabriel, Damon, Morgead and Nick (from Dark visions, vampire diaries, the huntress and secret circle) all seem very simular. All dark haired and cold badies, and they're made into goodies by a beautiful girl. I guess this book is slightly different though, because Rashel is hardly a 'goody'!