on 14 June 2012
This Saddle Valve Clamp is easy to install. As my Water Filter system is close to the washing machine, I drilled a small hole (2mm) into the washing machine inlet pipe and fitted the clamp onto the pipe and it works beautifully.
Don't forget to turn off the washing machine water supply, drain the water that is already in the washing machine pipe, then drill the 2mm hole. Fit Saddle clamp and tighten. Connect all associated tubing and tighten nuts. Double check all connections!! Turn on water supply for the washing machine and check for leaks.
on 14 February 2013
I bought this not to use for my plumbing needs but to assist in modifications for my electronic cigarettes. Many people eventually progress to using cartomizer tanks to contain the liquid they smoke. These involve the metal cartomizer centered within a plastic tank that contains the liquid. You have to punch holes in the cartomizer in order for the liquid to leak from the tank into it and being rounded steel tubes they are a real struggle to hammer or drill effectively. This device is perfect for the task. The groove is perfectly sized to brace the cartomizer against the sharp spike and the tightening screw offers a range of piercing depths for larger or smaller sized holes depending on the viscosity of your liquid. Whilst I cannot comment directly on the effectiveness of it from a plumbing perspective, it is an attractively solid machined product and would no doubt be up to the task of piercing copper and plastic piping.
on 22 July 2014
The unit arrived minus the 1/4" tube, Amazon were unable to help, and I was unable to purchase any locally. I contacted the Water filter men and they quickly sorted it out for me. I fitted the valve and the drinking water tap today and I am very pleased with the results, I must admit that I turned the water off and drilled a hole in the 15mm tube. Very impressed with the Water filter men, for their friendly helpful service.
on 16 May 2013
On the first attempt to install this the thread stripped in the clamp body without much effort from the spanner to tighten the bottom clamp screw. Had to resort to a botch job to get it to clamp properly. Otherwise, worked fine. Perhaps I was just unlucky with the clamp I got because the hole looked a little over size and the thread was minimal.
on 9 December 2016
Useless! Didn't seal around the pipe! Have fitted loads of these so wasn't user error. The rubber seal was practically non-existant so water dripped out at a nice steady pace soaking my cupboard. Bought one from Pozzani instead where I've always had quality items. Tried saving money and it backfired. Buy cheap, buy twice!
on 24 January 2013
A specialised device, hard to find and most people unaware of its existence. Very useful for connection an ice maker e.g. to water mains without a plumber. The cost very good value for money and the device well made. Delivery prompt. What more?
on 14 August 2016
Fantastic item. Very good quality for the price. If you detect a slight leak after fitting - just tighten the main rear brass nut to seat the clamp securely. It looks like it won't work - bit IT DOES, simply and efficiently
on 23 October 2013
A pretty solid piece of kit with a how to clip on the web. connecting it to an isolatable spur from the mains supply is a good idea in case you get tired of the whole water filter thing.
on 20 March 2013
I bought this to drain my central heating. I have a situation where part of my system does not drain properly so I use this device to tap into the system.
on 27 November 2013
This item is excellent for the purpose it is made for.It eliminates the need to turn off the water supply and overall is ver easy to fit.