Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Christmas with Elvis Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 21 November 2017
Ok, Merrell. Sort out the sizing, please! These were way too small for my size 10.5 feet. Returned. Seems to be a common complaint.

Superb shoes. Went up a whole size in the end and they fitted like a glove.
Ok, I reckon the GoreTex was a bit of a mistake - when it rained my feet got soaked inside and it felt like I was walking inside a pair of puddles. And they took forever to dry... I'd go non-GoreTex next time.
I was averaging over 250 miles a month for 7 months in these, and it is little wonder that the soles were worn right down. The last lace holes started fraying at the edges, too. They took a lot of punishment.
on 15 April 2017
The shoes are great. Just wish I had bought another half size larger. I am a size 8 and bought a size 9. What I have had to do is to remove the comfy insoles that come with the shoes, otherwise I am unable to wear them comfortably. On walking, I still do get some discomfort. Recommend that anyone wishing to purchase should try out the shoe for size before purchasing. Will normally require at least a size greater than what you normally wear, if not greater. This would be the perfect shoe if Merrell gave some thought to having a wide fitting version available too.
on 12 March 2016
These Merrell Moab Goretex hiking shoes are fantastic. I bought them (with a hefty price reduction) for a holiday in Italy I knew was going to involve a lot of walking. They are sturdy, superbly comfortable and are clearly superior quality shoes, designed for serious walking/hiking. I even climbed to the top of Vesuvius wearing them. In my opinion, there is nothing negative to be said about these shoes. It is my intention to buy only Merrell walking shoes from now on. Love them.
on 7 August 2016
I ordered my usual size but unfortunately the shoe was too small, maybe the conversion from American to European sizes desn't quite work. It might be worthwhile considering ordering a half size larger than usual - but watch out for price changes! Although I wasn't able to give the shoes a test drive, I thought some observations might be helpful. The product is made using Goretex which for me is the only truly waterproof material in shoes, it has a Vibram sole (hardwearing) and has a generally robust feel about the manufacture. It's well padded around the ankles and the insole has contoured arch support. I've been buying walking shoes for a long time and If you can get it at the right price, this looks like a good walking shoe to me.
on 17 May 2017
My first time ordering a pair of shoes online - was a bit concerned that Merrell sizing may have changed as I haven't bought a pair in years. Thankfully, they matched up with older pairs and the sizing was perfect. I love Merrell shoes - they're really comfortable, very hardwearing, they last for years and they come in nice understated styles which is my preference. Overall, I rate it the perfect Dad shoe :)
on 19 December 2015
Firstly, only given them 4 stars because I've only had them a week and time will tell...however, first impressions are excellent. I actually bought them more for casual use than dedicated outdoor use, however I do go hiking properly at least a dozen times a year and you can often find my in a tent near to the coast in the Summer, so these are intended as an all rounder.
I tried these on at Blacks camping store before buying but knew they would be cheaper online. I wanted a pair in mostly black as they were replacing an ancient and ugly pair of Nike ACG gore tex shoes and also some leaky black casual trainers.
No more wet feet! in this mild Winter I've been getting soggy and staying soggy, which everyone who has experienced it knows is miserable. plus these are really warm and have a great solid, well made feel to them and I'm confident that I could walk for miles in them eventually.
I got a pair of 8.5 which is about normal for me in sports trainers, and they needed next to no breaking in. I have been wearing them with M&S black cotton sports socks so far but I think there is space for a pair of light to medium thickness Bridgedale socks for serious hiking, which has been my choice of outdoor sock for 15 years.
Best £74 I have spent all year and a great Christmas present to myself. We all need decent shoes and I doubt I'll find better for a while.
on 15 December 2016
Got these for a good price and they fit perfect from the moment i put them on. I did go a half size larger than normal and it's ideal. The quality is good and the shoe is comfy. For me, i need a 'low rise' as i can't stand shoes where the sides touch my ankle bone. These sit low enough for me and make for a comfortable fit.
on 15 January 2015
I ordered these shoes because they have Gor-tex. I already have some Merrell walking shoes, which are very good, but they are not waterproof. The Moab shoes seem to be very well made, and are comfortable to date, but I have not walked long distances in them yet. Re. sizing, I know that American shoes are narrower than UK models, so I although I am a size 9 I always order half a size more, and this works for me.
on 11 February 2014
I have had a few pairs of Merrells in the past and can't really fault them. But recently I have ordered a couple of different pairs and they are just not as comfortable as they used to be. Both pairs had different areas of the sole that were not right.

The Moabs I tried on in a shop (but they only had a light colour in stock). Given I knew the right size and Amazon had the black ones I thought it was low risk ordering them online. After wearing them in the house a few times it was clear that there was a problem with the sole on front right side and they were going to hurt over time. They were sent back.

Its seems to be a running theme looking at other reviews that the quality of Merrells has reduced recently.
These shoes are expensive and they do look good. It counts for nothing if you can't walk in them.

I gave 2 stars because it is possible I got a defective pair - but given it has happened to me twice, I advise caution.
I think I will look at another brand now.

Can't fault Amazons service. Returning the shoes was easy using collect+.
on 24 April 2017
Wore these shoes on a holiday which involved a great deal of walking. The shoes gave great support and were very comfortable. Would recommend to anyone who has to do a lot of walking. Great shoes - would buy again.

See one answered question