Customer reviews

Above the Noise
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 19 August 2013
I love this album and still have it on my ipod as i speak, will never stop listening to it.
on 19 March 2017
CD came with a giant crack down the middle of it
VINE VOICEon 26 May 2011
A new sound for one of Britain's favourite boybands should not work, but surprisingly it does!

Harry, Tom, Dougie and Danny have embarked on a darker and more dangerous side of the pop music they've become famous for. Gone are the beach-side guitar riffs from "Room On The Third Floor" and the heavy metal influenced stylings from "Radio:ACTIVE" to give way to an electronica influenced collection of music to be experienced on this record, "Above The Noise".

It's far from perfect - the album is a mish-mash of epic anthems, fuelled with guitar riffs and belting vocals which strongly contrast with the some-what dull ballads which snooze their way through three of four minutes of the album's playtime.

Winning the crown for the album's top-track is the lead single `Party Girl' - sounding surprisingly like `Bad Romance' at times, it's a fantastic, fist-pumping anthem which is as catching as bird-flu. Second single `Shine A Light' which pointlessly features Taio Cruz is a slow grower, whilst track `If You See Katie' mimics the cheeky stylings of Britney whilst being a truly loveable track.

Opening track `The End Of The World' is a fantastic power-rock anthem and is one of the album's best tracks, whilst `Nowhere Left To Run' is a track which builds up from a soft and delicate track into another brilliant powering anthem.

Aside from those select few- the album is generally a mellow affair of sensual ballads which sometimes border on snooze-worthy, and definitely don't belong on an album titled "Above The Noise". But aside from this, the album is an enjoyable affair, and from the achievements they've made on their awesome tracks, it definitely seems like a direction they should stick to.
on 21 February 2011
I have always though of Mcfly as a group for the youngsters, but this cd has changed my mind, it is brilliant. This group are really talented. I like every track on the album. They have matured into a group for all ages. Buy this cd you won't be disappointed.
on 10 October 2011
I am a McFly fan and I have been for many years now. This album is their latest and it is filled with stuff I would never expect from McFly! If you didn't like them before then this is a definite reason to buy this album because if you disguised their voices I wouldn't necessarily say McFly did this album. There are some exceptions of course like End of the World which is fantastic but stick it in your car and you'll soon find yourself singing along to every song!!
on 20 November 2010
I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! Oh and I think you should know that the 1* review is somebody saying about how bad the service was, NOT about the album itself.
I have been a fan of McFly for 7 years since they released their first single and I am a Pioneer on Super City. I have to admit that I prefer the album Radio:Active to this album. The songs on their were much stronger and they sounded more like the old McFly.. At first I was a bit cynical because of the obvious change of direction they took, but after listening to the album quite a few times I really got in to it and it is my second favorite album of theirs. All bands change direction, and I have to say that McFly have done it very well and I am going to stick with them. I saw them live both in October during the Before the Noise tour and this year during the Above the Noise tour, and they played their new songs very well, and in my opinion they are far better live than on the album. When they play the songs live they sound more like the old McFly.
on 5 April 2011
I used to be really into mcfly when i was younger, however once i got a bit older i 'grew out of them'.

This was until i heard their new single, party girl, and so i decided to buy their new album and i was NOT dissapointed. The album is varied, with catchy songs and ballads and i liked it from the first time i listened to it. Old and new mcfly fans will love this, a must buy!
on 12 August 2011
I wasn't sure what a McFly was when I decided to make this purchase.

Apparently they are this. So impressed, was I, with this album I decided to buy 13 more to distribute between friends.

This was a mistake.

Namely that I have no friends.

So lonely...
on 2 January 2011
I got the album for christmas 2010. I have to be honest, I was never a big fan of McFly, That's until they did the lead single, Party Girl. I absolutely loved it. Same with Shine A Light with Taio Cruz. They were meant to sing together! The End Of The World opening was brilliant. My 2 favourites on the album are Nowhere Left To Run because you think the songs gonna be a slow, acoustic song and then it turns into a dancey sort of track. My other favourite is Foolish, The strongest ballad on the album. A perfect buy for both McFly and rock lovers
on 20 November 2010
When I heard the first single from the new album, Party Girl, I was in shock and NOT in a good way.
I absolutely hated it and I thought aliens had taken over the boys' bodies.
I totally boycotted McFly for an entire month (which is super hard work for a fan!) and then, suddenly, it just worked for me (minus the first three seconds, though)...
Then Shine A Light came out and McFly had redeemed themselves completely!

The album Above The Noise is relly fresh, coherent and melodious, and catchy hooks are overloading your ears and that center in the brain where only good things get stored:)

I can only say good tings about the album (apart from those first three seconds) and I can recommend it if you like McFly's others albums.
If you LOVE them, you already have this album;)

If you ave never heard about McFly before (get out of the cave, pronto!), then Above The Noise is well worth a listen.