TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 December 2013
Ive read all the books in M.C. Beaton's Agatha Raisin series apart from these latest three. After listening to excerpts on iTunes I decided to go for the audiobooks for a change as a treat to myself for Christmas.
The books are funny, especially the second in the series. The audiobooks are read by Penelope Keith as she has done with others on the radio I believe.
These are a quirky kind of younger miss Marple, creating problems we would expect to face if we decided to crack a crime but somehow Agatha manages to pull them off by fair means or foul. I am looking forward to snuggling up in bed, giving my eyes a rest and my ears a treat.
on 20 April 2014
This box contains full story versions and not abridged versions which are also available. Read by Penelope Keith these are mild easy to listen to stories. Bought as a presie for my mum. She is very pleased with them.
on 19 June 2017
Agatha is always busy and getting herself in a pickle this book is no exception. Irresistible
Look forward to reading them all
on 25 September 2017
Bought for my for my wife who loves the entire series. The one I have read I enjoyed to . Love price entertainment.
on 13 October 2017
The more of these I read the more I find them engrossing!! This one really gripped me. The relationship between James and Agatha, the will they won't they, leaves me frustrated but wanting to read the next to find out more.......
on 23 May 2017
AS EVER FROM M.C. BEATON AN EASY PAGE TURNER. JUST THE THING FOR A CHUCKLE AT HUMAN NATURE AND A SIGH FOR THE ROMANTIC AS AGATHA RAISIN BATTLES WITH NOT ONLY CRIME BUT HER LACK OF A HAPPY LOVE LIFE DESPITE A STRING OF HOPEFUS. AGAIN I FIND HER CHARACTER'S ANTICS MORE INTERESTING THAN THE CRIME PLOT.
on 30 May 2014
I always enjoy books by M C Beaton, especially Agatha Raisin books and Hamish McBeth books. Penelope Keith is just the right person to read them. I enjoy audio books, especially at bedtime.
on 8 November 2014
A wonderful rendition of three complete novels by Penelope Keith. So lovely to listen to when one is too tired to read. I'm a great Agatha Raisin fan, and although these are not, perhaps, the finest of the novels, they are easy listening and good fun.
on 23 August 2017
Marvellous book- would really recommend this one.
on 27 September 2017