on 13 November 2011
My Dell Inspiron 6400 laptop adaptor died and I wasn't going to pay the £70+ that Dell wanted for a replacement, I was on the verge of ordering a new laptop and it would be money thrown away.

I searched Amazon for a cheaper Dell adaptor and found that many of them were in fact 3rd party copies masquerading as 'Genuine'.

Some reviewers had reported faults with these copies even to the point of bursting in to flame. So this wasn't an option.

So on further searching I found an adaptor that was advertised as being 3rd party but compatible, the Anker.

So I took the plunge and at £7.00 it was also cheaper than the imitators and a real bargain.

It arrived in advance of the estimate but then I did ask for express delivery.

I plugged it in as soon as it arrived and it worked no problem.

I've not even had the adaptor for a week yet but I'm a heavy user, my laptop is on 12hrs+ a day most days in constant use, and the adaptor has never got hot and handles the use admirably.

It gets less warm than my original Dell Adaptor.

Highly recommended.
on 17 November 2012
I bought this adapter for a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop after two years of problems with the power adapter supplied with the machine.

As many others have found, Dell's own power adapters seem quick to develop an intermittent problem which means that they are often not recognised by the laptop. This then results in the battery failing to charge and an error message saying that the laptop will run on reduced power.

After putting up with this for far too long, trying some of the more exotic fixes to be found on the internet, using a variety of registry cleaners to try and address slow processing speeds and being put off by stories of adapters catching light, I decided to take the plunge and order a replacement unbranded adapter, the Dell ones being three or four times the price.

I have now had this Anker adapter for nearly a month and it has proved more than worth the investment. It worked immediately and charged the battery from flat in about three hours.

This would have been enough but it has also given the 1720 a completely new lease of life because it is now operating on full power. It boots up in about a third of the time, is up and running immediately from hibernation and launches Chrome launches in a flash, as opposed the crawl I had become used to. Frame rates for online gaming have gone from unplayable to game winning. All this without any other changes being made to the laptop.

All in all a great purchase - and it comes with an 18 month guarantee.
on 24 June 2011
I needed this item in a hurry and after looking around thought this was going to have to be an expensive order!

This charger works a treat and the price from LaptopMate was an added bonus! I received this order in no time which meant i was up and running online again within a few days!

I will definately be checking out LaptopMate first the next time i need any further items for my laptop!!!
on 27 September 2012
This product has been in use for many hours on many days since purchase. It gets no hotter (and probably less hot) than the original charger, works perfectly, and has caused no problems. It is clearly new, coming boxed with full safety tags and markings.

Having been left unable to use my laptop after the charger broke, I was in need of a speedy replacement.
I literally couldn't believe how expensive the Dell chargers are (the laptop is old anyway and needs replacing, I don't want to spend £50+ in the meantime).

I was fine with the idea of a generic replacement but put off by the many horror stories in Amazon reviews of over heating chargers catching fire. This charger is clearly not one of those and I am very happy to recommend it. Spend that little more on one you can trust, but don't bother paying out for the over priced Dell version. This fits the bill.
on 22 June 2011
on 26 September 2012
A great purchase at a good price. It worked perfectly as soon as I plugged it in to my laptop - Dell Inspiron 1525 and keeps the battery charged at all times.
on 19 June 2012
The adaptor came well packed and was delivered quickly. It's good enough quality and actually feels more sturdy than my old dell adaptor. It works great no issues at all, plugged in and away it went. Would definitely recommend.
on 26 August 2013
I'm really pleased that I bought this unit instead of one of the cheap "Dell original" power supplies that come top in the search results. It might be more expensive than many but it feels like a product that is built up to a quality not down to a price. It's well packaged, solidly put together, complete with UK mains plug, and even comes with lots of encouragement to write reviews. There is lots of talk in the accompanying documentation of customer support too, and while I haven't had to use it I was impressed to receive an email from Anker through Amazon after I'd received the item, checking whether it was ok. Very refreshing.

Obviously there is not much to be said about the product itself. It seems well built, the cable length is perfectly adequate and there is a little captive Velcro strap for securing the cable when it is coiled for travelling. Other than that, you plug it in and it works! The fantastic thing about it for me is that it solved the "plugged in, not charging" error which had been plaguing my poor Dell for weeks, and all without resorting to the involved, expensive and sometimes dangerous measures to be found on internet forums.

It's early days yet in the life of this new power supply, but based on my experience so far I would highly recommend it.
on 27 October 2013
Had endless trouble with DELL chargers, so plumped for this. I have had it for a number of months now, and it is working a treat. The reinforced plastic part at the end of the bit that goes into the computer (sorry, not very technical, I know!) has started to rip slightly though, but it has still lasted longer than the Dell chargers did.

ETA: as a result of my review above, this company contacted me (off their own back!) and offered to replace the charger for free. The customer service has been exceptional, and I would not hesitate to buy from them again. The way the charger stops working or splitting seems to be a design fault, which is the problem of DELL - all chargers for this laptop seem to have the same problem, so it is by no means the fault of AnkerDirect. The charger I bought here, although splitting slightly, has lasted double the amount of time of the DELL charger already, and now I have a shiny new replacement to use too! Thanks Sunnie and all at AnkerDirect!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 July 2014
Rubbish - gets very hot and failed within 7 months. Amazon gave me a refund without any quibbles. Update - AnkarDirect contacted me having read my review and has apologized for the inconvenience the unit failure and has offered me a discount on my next purchase. I still believe the unit I originally purchased get too hot when operating. Yes, I know transformers generate some heat, but this was excessive. Can't fault Anker's or Amazon's customer service, though.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse