Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 23 June 2017
Beautifully made. Excellent sound. I want to buy 50 more. I am so in love with this vinyl.
on 16 September 2017
Very good album tracks are all good worth adding to your cd collection
on 17 July 2017
A+++
on 5 June 2017
Good
on 19 July 2017
no problems
on 4 August 2015
The best album Taylor has produced and she wrote all the songs, wished she wrote more songs like this.
on 27 June 2017
Great album!
on 26 October 2010
I'm a recent convert to Taylor Swift and I was nothing short of impressed with this album.

I was surprised to find a different kind of sound with some much darker and intense emotions but - it's all the more relatable because of it. The album begins "Mine" a song that could have easily been on Fearless as it follows a similar style and then as the album progresses we find darker songs such as "Haunted".

I'd say her song writing is more honest and developed, less names this time but the detail and imagery makes for some powerful listening. There is more exploration of feelings and as a listener you can sense a lot of genuine emotion. The work also strikes a nice balance of sweetness and light with songs such as; "Mean" and "Speak Now", which are amongst my favourites. As always with Taylor, any songs you don't initially take to will grow on you and I find there's always something to be taken from them.

Speak Now covers many different themes; falling in love, heartbreak and coming of age. I think Swift captures all of these very nicely and as always her music is an easy listen, with catchy melodies that will resound in your head long after you've stopped listening.
on 26 February 2011
The first I heard of Taylor Swift was 'Love Story' At first I wasn't a fan, but decided to buy 'Fearless' anyway, I was pleasently suprised by her music. The lyrics are very good, and for me and I imagine a lot of other people they are lyrics I can relate too. I found that the music grew on me so I purchased 'Taylor Swift' her debut album. Again, not as good as Fearless in my books, but a good album.

I had been looking foward to the release of 'Speak Now' for quite a long time and decided to purchase the deluxe edition. I purchased the deluxe edition with 'Fearless' and my favourite song of that album was one of the deluxe 'extras' So I was very glad I did. With 'Speak Now' I also found that some of my favourite songs were ones that wouldn't be included if I'd bought the non deluxe edition. On the strength of 'Superman' and 'Long Live' I would have paid the extra money just for them.

I'm going to break down the songs and what I think of them:

Mine 3/5: Not the best song on the album by a long shot, I kind of feel the same way as I do about 'Love Story' Pleasent enough but not her best.

Sparks Fly 5/5: The kind of song that I like to listen too when getting ready to go out or to go and see my boyfriend. It puts me in a good mood almost instantly. I love the lyrics and I love the feel of the song.

Back to December 3/5: Again, not the best on the album by far but a nice enough song with nice lyrics and a good tune. Apparently about her relationship with Taylor Lautner.

Speak Now 5/5: A sweet, tongue in cheek song with a story. I like the way a lot of her songs tell a story and this one is just fabulous, with lyrics like 'Wearing a gown like a pastry' You can't help but love it.

Dear John: 4/5: A rather long song apparently directed at John Meyer who has long been speculated as a bit of a love rat (But a wonderful musician!) Although Taylor Swift never confirms or denies who her songs are directed at the guitar in the background sounds a LOT like something out of one of John Mayers songs, you can almost feel the angst/heartache in the lyrics and her voice and I like the way it is obviously a song she feels and has felt. A song a lot of girls can relate too.

Mean 5/5: I love this song, I listened to it again and and again after a break up and it cheered me up no end. Its a catchy little tune with again, wonderful lyrics.

The Story of Us 4/5: Another good song, with well thought out lyrics. Taylor proves time and time again that she's a truly talented musician and lyricist.

Never Grow Up 5/5: A sweet and gentle song, as usual slightly autobiographical as there are references to what I assume are her mother. A lovely message is sent out in this song and I think its lovely.

Enchanted 5/5: This is one of my favourites of the album. I love the subject matter, I love the lyrics, I love the tune. The lyrics at the end 'Please dont be in love with someone else' You can tell that Taylor Swift writes from the heart.

Better than Revenge 4/5: I enjoy this song as it is what I feel a revenge song. Apparently about Camille Bell, the girl Joe Jonas left Taylor Swift for. Speculation says this is a song in response to Joe Jonas's song which states 'Now I'm done with superstars, and all the tears on her guitar'.

Innocent 2/5: The one song I don't like on this album. Sometimes Taylor Swift songs are 'growers' and they take a few listens. I've tried to listen to it more than once but for some reason I don't like this song at all.

Last Kiss 5/5: The first time I heard this I nearly cried, Its such a beautiful song about a break up, something a lot of us can relate too.

Long Live 5/5: Beautiful lyrics, cheerful song. Another one of my favourites on the album.

DELUXE EDITION TRACKS

Ours 4/5: A song about not caring about what others think of her relationships etc. I like this song, again its not the best but its catchy.

If this was a movie 5/5: Another song I related too on a personal level, about when you wish things were like the movies. The guy showing up on your doorstep in the middle of the night begging for forgiveness. Taylor Swift may be a super star but she seems to have her fair share of heartache and break ups and this song like all of hers shows shes a human being. A beautiful song.

Superman: My favourite song of the album.

All the rest of the content is different versions of songs already on the album, a music video and a making of. All good content and worth having.

This album was worth the wait and I would definatley go for the deluxe edition. Happy Listening.
on 1 January 2016