Customer reviews

Visconti Vintage Leather Briefcase & Strap - VT6 - Bennett

on 20 October 2012
Was looking for a university bag and this seems to be just the perfect size, without being an entire rucksack.

I am very happy with it so far. It has a good quality construction and has a rather stylish/posh look to it.

It can easily carry a days worth of A4 books and binders with room for a bottle of water. The back slot will just squeeze in a 17" Macbook Pro and the font pockets are just large enough to fit a couple of A5 notebooks or an iPad. There are several zip pockets and a third internal zipped compartment. Bag can be easily carried on my back using the shoulder strap at minimum length, even when riding a bike.

Its not obvious from the photos, but behind the buckle straps there are two push button click-clips for easily opening/closing the bag. However if you wish to close the bag after it has been fully loaded, you will need to punch a couple of extra holes in the leather buckle strap to give you the extra length.
on 15 July 2017
Looks good , great quality. Only issue is the locking straps . Need to punch two new holes if using for laptop and documents to extend internal capacity. Otherwise you only just about get a laptop in and comfortably fasten the case closed .Would purchase again if required.
on 18 May 2017
Smart, luxurious, well- crafted case at an affordable price.
on 13 March 2013
Lovely leather briefcase. Good looking and good quality, plenty of room and just what I was looking for. Delivery was prompt and well packaged. Would recommend this to anyone wanting a smart and practical briefcase for work.
on 17 August 2017
Looks and feels very good, will recommend without hesitation.
on 23 September 2011
I read the reviews before buying this and especially the comment that it marks easily and wondered if I was doing the right thing. Well I certainly did!

The packaging and protection that it arrives in is splendid and really could not be better. The case itself is a lovely item with plenty of space for my books and the centre zipped pocket makes a great place for the iPad with protection from knocks by the outer pockets.

The actual finish of the leather surface looks great, as it gradually wears in it looks better and better. I think it is true that if you went bashing it about through door frames etc it would scratch up but after quite a few weeks of use and moderate care mine looks just as it did when it arrived.

I think it will last a long time but I would not hesitate in buying another one or indeed another product from this manufacturer.
on 10 July 2012
This is my second Visconti leather bag and I really like it! The leather is slightly darker than it appears in the image, but personally I prefer it that way.

The interior is a good size - it will hold a book or small laptop quite comfortably without being too bulky.

Overall, I'm very pleased with it.
on 8 March 2016
The bag was ordered on 5 Jan 2015 and I was initially pleased with my purchase. However after just over a year of use, one of the buckles has fallen off the front of the bag and I am now unable to close it securely. As a result I have had to discard the bag as it is no longer fit for it's purpose. This is very disappointing in view of the amount paid indicating that it should not have been a cheap and flimsy bag.
on 3 October 2011
I spent a lot of time looking at bags online and in shops before deciding on this one. It needed to be big enough for my lap top and other work items. Once ordered it arrived quickly and nicely packaged- but not too much packaging. I am delighted with it, the bag seems robustly made and the inside has some pleasing details. The outside is just lovely, although the leather is quite stiff at the moment.
The depth may not be enough for everyone- you couldn't put in many bulky items and expect it to close so a brief case is a good description. All in all I am glad I didn't spend more on a well known brand- this will last for years and looks classy and a bit different.
on 7 March 2013
I was initially dissapointed when the briefcase arrived as I was expecting a more matt finish antique type leather as shown in the photo. What arrived was a reddy-brown smooth leather which was a satin finish. Although I was a bit subdued about this my wife was very impressed and loved the finish and the case so we agreed that it was a belated Christmas present! The design of the case is excellent with many useful zipped pockets and holders for pens and a phone.. What is not clear from the pictures is that underneath the buckles is a quick -release fastener whch makes the case very easy to use. The buckles are only for show but for me they add that authentic old-school look which makes this case so attractive.

It is superbly made with reinforcement in vulnerable areas which should see that the case lasts for many years. It exudes quality in a way that is difficult to quantify. You know when you see something that it is right. For me this is very right!. I can imagine myself still carring this case around in 10 to 15 years time maybe with worn corners and faded leather but still in one piece and still doing it's job. I hope I am right!.

After the initial dissapointment of the colouring, reality set in and I ended up ordering another one for myself, such is the draw of this well recommended briefcase.