on 1 September 2015
Takes some getting used to but once you do it surpasses all other mp3 players available
on 8 April 2013
I was very happy initially when purchasing the Cowon X7. However, within one month the hard drive had crashed and was non-responsive. Luckily I had purchased an extended warranty and was able to get it repaired. But slowly the audio connection became worse until I had to constantly wiggle around any headphone which I put in just in order to hear the audio clearly. The touch screen became more unresponsive and the calibration kept going awry and was unfixable. Finally the audio connection went and because I had already made a claim on my warranty, I could not get it repaired. This product was an absolute waste of money. It only lasted me a handful of months. DO NOT BUY THIS MP3 PLAYER!!
on 13 May 2013
First of all, ignore any comments about this only working with 32 bit systems. It works just fine on my 64 bit Windows 8. I don't know about the software that comes with it, I don't use it, and there is no real need to use it, as you can do pretty much all you need transferring files using Windows Explorer. I believe it is also compatible with Windows Media Player, but haven't tried. What I have used to good effect is Media Monkey.
Back to the product itself. First, the bad bit - the interface is clunky and the screen is not the finest, but I only bought it for high quality audio, and that is just superb, cannot fault it. Try it next to an ipod and be amazed. Additionally, the capacity is extremely useful - I have a lot of music, but have so far only 75% filled it. If possible, use flac files, mp3s unless they are high bit rate just do not do justice to the player.

Shame about the interface, but the rest is brilliant.
on 31 December 2015
many thanks
on 28 May 2013
A very good product, just what I was looking for. Took a while to fathom out how to use it though as the instructions are not terribly user-friendly.
on 26 November 2012
Mp3 player great memory and sound quality BUT touch screen extremely unresponsive. So much so that mine has actually broken!!!
This after only a few weeks!! Very disappointing, especially for the price.
on 18 May 2011
I purchased this for my son who lives abroad and was home for a holiday. The spec looked good, but he had lots of problems with it constantly crashing. We think this had hit production before they have ironed out any glitches. Shame, it had good potential.