This is such a stylish little die cutting machine. It looks almost like a vintage handbag and it's ingenious styling means that it folds up so doesn't take up too much space in your craftroom, and also this means it is quite portable if you want to take your machine to classes.
It works well. I have used it with thin and thicker dies. You will need to purchase an extra plate to use with the thinner dies but you can pick one up quite cheap. Another useful thing to add to this would be an embossing mat, then you can get full capabilities of all your dies. I have used mine with Tonic Studios dies mostly, and it works great. If you haven't got too much space and are not needing a bigger platform, then you'll find plenty dies and embossing folders to fit your cuttlebug. I would recommend this product.
Cuttlebug Machine V2 Die Cutter and Embosser
on 9 March 2014
The Cuttlebug is, in my opinion, one of the most brilliant items in the die cutting/embossing ranges!! I actually managed to wear my original one (which was one of the pink and white ones from QVC) but I use it SO much and eventually I wore the cogs and roller bit out but I have no complaints, I have cut many, many thousands of shapes and embossed even more with it. I was a bit sad that this new one is back to the original green and cream only a bit more roundy but once I decorated it up with some gold peel-off swirl stickers so that it looked pretty like the pink and white one was, I was better impressed with its appearance. It needs no more recommendation other than "BUY IT" if you are thinking about adding a Cuttlebug to your craft equipment. It is a truly wonderful product and if this new ones lasts as long as my old one did (given just how much use I gave it - I use it pretty well every day!) then I have no reason to complain whatsoever. By the way, I have many friends whose originals are still going strong as they use it rather less than I do and one fellow professional crafter who is still using her original plates!! They look like bananas but she still uses them!!!
on 18 October 2013
After waiting a long time for it to arrive it has met all my expectations. Easy to use and found the tutorial's online very helpful if I am not sure of anything, while it is still new to me. Would recommend it to anyone who want's to make their cards look more professional.
on 24 March 2011
I use my Cuttlebug a lot, this new version (V2)is just great, very smooth operation, it's a joy to use.Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embossing Machine V2 - Green
on 10 March 2014
I bought this on a Black Friday deal to start card making. It embosses beautifully. Despite buying many, many additional shims and mats, I could not get this to cut at all. Finally bought a big shot after returning this. You get what you pay for.
on 12 January 2015
Excellent medium priced embossing and crafting machine which is easy to use. I do think the 'C' spacer should be standard with the machine as most people will want to use other compatible dies and folders. Colour is a bit annoying but at least you can pick it out amidst craft stache. The suction plate is not as effective as the previous model, in my opinion, but it's weight and portability are a bonus over other machines. I do find I need to replace the plates quite frequently but thenI am using it every day. I still recommend this machine for the beginner crafter but eventually people may move onto non-manual machine as it requires some dexteritory.
on 18 October 2014
I wanted to use this machine mainly for cutting and found I couldn't do so with the dies I had without buying an additional part. The advertising states that this machine can be used with most cutting dies which I feel is entirely misleading. Needless to say I had a refund.
on 2 March 2014
I bought this from Amazon in a sale - quite spur of the moment - what a bargain! I've just started making cards after many years of sugarcraft and would recommend it to all card makers. I find the finer dies (lacy ones or small sentiments) only really cut thin card - mirri card and glitter card is too thick, but the dies emboss beautifully on these. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
on 25 April 2016
This is my third cuttlebug - but I don't think this cuttlebug is as good as my previous ones.
I need several shims to die cut virtually everything
My guess is there just isn't the same amount of pressure in the rollers generally
Whilst I've always found the pressure at the sides is greater than the middle, this is VERY marked on this model.
I needed a new die cutter urgently as my previous one died while making wedding invitations, so this is better than nothing, but I AM disappointed.
Fiddling around with different shims and number of shims is a nuisance
on 22 May 2013
This was a gift for my wife and it will keep her in the craft room for even longer :)

By this I mean.... she will get even more enjoyment from her hobby.

Win win !