on 1 February 2011
The image quality is first class with a good range of image quality settings to choose from. Options include an email image quality setting, which is great, every other camera I have had, I have had to reduce the file size in a photo editing package before it was small enough to use.

Menu structure is simple to navigate and easy to understand, including a quick access menu to readily change settings for a particular shot.

GPS is extreamly fast to get a position and spot on, once it has one.

If there is a bad point, the first one I purchased was damaged, however, a replacement was with me the next day. You could not ask for better service (this was directly from Amazon).
on 20 September 2011
I bought this to replace another Casio Exilim Camera. So the operation is very similar. The only obvious extra is the GPS function. There are a few extra tweaks that can be used to take different types of photograph i.e. panorama.

It pretty much does what I want it to do with excellent results in all light conditions. I am using it with an 'eye-fi' SD card which is very versatile in that it automatically uploads photos/videos to my laptop when ever it logs on to the internet.

As for the obscure off/on button. There is no need to really use unless you want to force the camera to turn off. The playback and record buttons to the right of the screen turn the camera on by default but can be reprogrammed to do other things.
on 25 April 2011
Very nice little camera, perfect to slip in your pocket, very good zoom and good quality picture from its 14.1MP. The GPS system may be a bit over the top unless you are on a world cruise, then it could be very handy if you forget where a particular shot was taken. As with many small cameras now days the lack of a view finder can be a pain in the back side in strong sun light this why I only give it four stars out of five.
on 25 January 2014
My wife bought one years ago and, as my old Nikon was was coming to the end of its days, I decided to buy one myself. It's not the current model, but I care not: I need a 100% dependable, simple, compact camera & this one has never let my wife down: nor me. I do tend to stress test it: zooms, pans, GPS so the lithium battery doesn't last that long. I bought a spare at the same time - they're cheap enough. The pictures are good too!
on 29 July 2011
Great easy to use camara. Love the panorama picture and zoom features, video great quality as expected. Why did they not make the on/off button white/yellow any colour but same a rest of them. Hard to find ?. Sat Nav feature needs improvement "not enough POIs".
on 2 March 2011
This camera looked quite appealing with a good spec and it was solid to the feel. I had other Casio cameras before and they were pretty good but dogged with sticking lenses and noisy zooms. The GPS facility was the ultimate feature for me.

I could not believe how good the GPS was. Absolutely amazing. It took literally seconds to locate positions, where other cameras etc, failed to even make a fix. I was delighted and after buying several cameras with the GPS feature, I was glad this seemed like a good purchase. Like the previous reviewer, the camera is packed with lots of features. The date/time stamping and even the GPS co-ordinates! But my delight was to be short lived.

I can honestly say, that this camera produces the worst pictures I have ever taken with a digital camera in all my 13 years of photography. The zoom is practically useless, noisy and cannot fix on an object satisfactorily. When it does manage to take a picture without the zoom, it is covered in dust/lighting marks and tremendously out of focus pics. With a plethora of settings, I could not manage to achieve any sort of acceptable picture from this camera!

I concluded that the camera must have been faulty - like the previous review. Quite an anti-climax to a camera which promises so much. I did not pursue another replacement.
on 14 January 2013
I returned this camera after a week of use as the quality of photographs was the worst in its class. Google more