Customer reviews

Style Name: Glass Shelf|Change

on 16 August 2016
I've ordered another one of these to go above the one I already have, and I only intended on having the one,
It is of course, very stylish, very smart and I've gotten compliments on how good it is.
It's very very strong and very easy to get up on the wall. I like how minimalist it is, how narrow it is.
It does the job, but keeps a very clean profile, I like it a lot and it suits my bathroom (silver and light grey) well.
I can't really say anything else about it. High quality product, and very reasonably priced.
on 24 February 2013
This shelf came in a box more suited to a 3 piece suite, the disposing of which, necessitated a trip to the local recycling centre. The silly thing was that the box offered no additional protection as it was completely filled with screwed up paper before laying the shelf on top and closing the lid.
This apart, the shelf and brackets are excellent and deserve a 5 star rating. The reason I have dropped a star from my rating is that the fixing screws are unnecessarily long. The rawlplugs are also supplied and when fitted about 3/8" of screw would protrude beyond the end of the rawlplug into an oversize hole and contribute nothing to the security of the attachment.
This is not a nit picking criticism as the screws are also thin. Warned by other reviews I proceeded very carefully and reached a stage where, with about 1/2" to go the screw was so tight I was in serious danger of breaking the screw. In any case I was having trouble driving the screw in further as it had a Phillips head and unlike the Pozidrive, the blades at the end of a Phillips screwdriver are tapered, designed to ride out and prevent over tightening.
I ended up sawing 1/2" off the length of all screws and re-pointing them and after that the installation went well. I am well pleased with the final results.
on 12 March 2012
Although I was very pleased with the product itself, the screws were inferior for the job. They were, in my opinion, too long and before I had tightened them the cross head of the screw had worn away. This was the same for the Towel Ring and the Glass shelf. So my advise would be to buy some slightly shorter screws, as I did, but of better quality.

I was very disappointed with the 'screws' as I have been very pleased with the Individual products.

P. Schilling, Dorset
on 4 November 2015
Nice item! I've literally just installed it. No problems with the screws (although the heads perhaps churned a little easier than I expected.)

Seems rock solid once installed and will come in handy.
on 7 August 2014
The picture makes it look like it is a more expensive plastic, however it is just normal cheap plastic that has been used for the white part. Saying that, I am very please with it as the plastic part is hidden by the toilet roll anyway.. Really easy to change the toilet roll and it never falls off. Good product and a good price, cheaper than hardware stores.
on 29 September 2016
A tad shorter than I was expecting, but then that was my own fault, the measurements are on the listing! Does exactly what it says on the tin, holds towels! Would recommend.
on 29 January 2015
An excellent towel ring. I bought it for my brother, but he couldn't be bothered to drill holes into his nice bathroom tiles, so after a year he kindly gave it back to me when my old one broke. If you are a woman, all you need to install one of these things is a power drill. I needed a man to get mine out of the loft (am arachnophobic) but after that, there was no stopping me.
on 24 May 2014
Shelf looks good and was easy to fix. The screws are thin but if you use the correct drill for the fixing plugs so that screwing them in is not too hard you should be OK.
Turned up in very large box with shelf rattling around inside - looked as if it had been gored by an angry bull BUT shelf survived !
on 29 September 2016
Hangs around next to my bathroom and does exactly what it says on the packaging, holds my hand towel. Comes with everything you need to hang straight from the pack.
on 22 May 2013
I hate towel rails and toilet roll holders that have those hidden fixing plates behind and then a little nub screw that holds the holder to the wall. This was one of the only holders with visible screw fittings. Great if you don't want it to keep falling off the wall. It felt a bit cheap and light, but then it was cheap. Hopefully it will do the job.