on 6 August 2012
This is in response to the review by Mary J Clement DeGrandprey, re removing an incorrect letter. To remove an incorrect letter use the pad with the white triangles. Move the cursor with the left hand triangle to before the incorrect letter. Press the "back" key and the letter is removed. By the way, the SCRABBLE MASTER has not been updated to reflect the amendments made to the printed Scrabble Dictionary (2011), for instance QIN. However, that is a minor quibble. I would not want to be without it, especially when finding 7 letter words.
on 17 September 2011
This is a great little scrabble dictionary. Gives you the meaning of words you have never heard of. A good buy.
on 1 July 2012
This is a really useful little gadget it is really easy to check the spelling of your scrabble words and if you have spelt it wrong it will give you suggestions. It is also quite useful for crosswords where you have a few letters and need a suggestion. The only thing I have noticed it will often confirm the spelling of a word but it may not be allowed in the game. I have been playing online scrabble and it hasn't allowed some of the words the srabblemaster comes up with. It also gives you a definition of the word which is good.I sometimes use it as a spell checker when I am writing anything by hand.
on 1 February 2011
Bought this for my Mum for Xmas - she had broken her previous smaller version. She wasn't sure about it until it arrived and now she cannot put it down. Big buttons make it perfect for the more senior scrabble practitioners.
on 11 June 2013
Somebody bought this for a friend of mine who is a keen competitive Scrabbler, like myself. Unfortunately this product is out of date, as the dictionary it uses was superseeded in January 2012. Her friend bought her a nice, thoughtful gift, but as soon as she opened it, she knew it was no use at all, and didn't have the heart to tell him.
on 22 May 2013
For years my wife and I have used a Franklin/Chambers Dictionary,Thesaurus and Crossword Solver. I cannot recall the model number but although it has served us well it has had one main annoyance. Type in the available letters a and question marks where letters were missing and sure it would come up with a selection of possible answers. Press 'Dictionary' though to find out the meanings of even quite simple words and we were often faced with the familiar 'Sorry can't help'.

This Scrabble dictionary is aimed at Scrabble players but as a dictionary it is everything that our Franklin/Chambers was not. It hardly ever fails to give definitions for words we present it with and contains a Lexicon of the obscure words that are legal in Scrabble but never used by the rest of us. The reason I have dropped a star is that definitions are only good for words of up to nine letters. Now if someone would come up with an electronic device that is a pure dictionary for any length of word, we would be first in the queue.
on 25 January 2013
I was looking for a product to replace the tome of a Scrabble Dictionary that, whilst a valuable source of words and meanings, did take a while to run through to get a result. As well as the old faithful book has, it also has helpful keys and searches that page-turning does not have. A real eye-opener to Scrabble playing information. Recommended.
on 10 March 2011
The best scrabble dictionary ever. fairly easy to use, didn't help that i lost the instructions. The only drawbacks are there is no way to remove an incorrect letter and the keys need to be pushed quite firmly.
on 17 May 2013
Very good,impressed with it. good buy. it certainly helps the game and increases your learning skills with words and spelling
on 22 February 2013
For all Scrabble players, this is the most amazing machine. So much so that three of my friends also wanted one so I ordered three more. It is an essential item in friendly games, incredible for spelling checks and for identifying correct words. What a pity we can't use them in the matches we play!