Size: 3 Persons|Change

on 16 December 2016
I've used this tent a number of times throughout the spring and summer of 2016 and have loved it. Three people would be VERY cosy, two would manage but I use it on my own for plenty of changing and storage space. I've not used it in particularly heavy rain yet however as the outer skin and inner pod have a good gap between them I think it will withstand the rain pretty well (this gap also serves as a handy porch for boots/stove etc).

The tent can be put up by one person in less than 10 minutes, and due to the fantastic draw string style bag it can be taken down and packed away in around the same time- no more tent origami to get it in the bag! Very light so perfect for travelling and doesn't take a lot of space. I have bought some more industrial pegs (I always do with any tent) but the ones included are not bad at all!
review image review image
on 25 September 2015
Fantastic tent. I personally used this tent solo, 2 man would be very cosy, that said I'd happily share it with my wife. I decided to use the coleman airbed with it which definitely made it a 1 man tent, also the added height of the airbed meant sitting up was a bit tight. All in all I found it very protective and loved staying in it.

If I had to find a complaint it would be the fact there is no built in ground sheet for the wings of the tent. Also the inner tent stitched ground sheet is a very nice material but doesn't feel as durable as the cheap and nasty groundsheets, I ended up using a tarp to protect it.
on 5 August 2015
This is a really good quick pitch tent. This is actually the second one I have bought. The first lasted for 3 years in all types of weather used by my son whilst doing security at festivals. The flysheet got a bit faded, though the tent still was weatherproof, however decided whilst it was on special offer, to get a replacement ready.
Pros :- Very quick and easy to pitch, stands up to high winds nicely, stands up to heavy rain well, very roomy for 2, light,can be ventilated easily
Cons:- Bag is the carrier type, good for a motorbike, less so for a hiker, pegs are the normal rubbish that bend under the slightest pressure.
on 14 July 2016
Fabulous tent. Withstood howling winds and driving rain during my European tour, 18 nights camping and moving on every day, it was so easy to put up and pack away. Being able to put up Outer first meant that the inner remained dry at all times and gave me shelter whilst the worst of the rain passed over. The inner is simple to then attach and set just right. I read a previous review where the complaint was that the inner touches the outer causing water to drip in, I can see how this complaint came about. I found that detaching the centre toggle at the front lower end of the inner prevented this from happening and didn't make any different to the inner space.
I travelled alone so storage was excellent, yes you have to be careful about letting water drip off bags or panniers when passing them through the tent to store on the opposit side but nothing a little care didn't sort out. Ventilation was good although I feel that the upper vent on the outer fly sheet could be made larger to increase venting and allow more air to circulate? However, this didn't cause me a problem and I am exceedingly pleased with the Cobra 2.
on 25 September 2016
This is maybe premature since I have not yet tried the tent out in the wilds. I have put it up in the garden though, and I was impressed with the lightness, the size (more spacious than I expected given some of the reviews), and the general quality of the design and manufacturing. If it does keep out heavy rain and stays up in strong winds, then it is a great bargain. Time will tell. In the meantime, I give full marks and the benefit of the doubt to the makers.
on 14 September 2015
It's a very sturdy tent that's incredibly easy to put up and very easy to carry pretty much anywhere.
I bought it for a variety of uses, but have so far used it only at a festival-type thing, staying put for 5 days as a 1-man tent. It served it's purpose, but beware if you are intending to use an air-bed in it, then your head and feet will touch the ceiling and potentially cause a little water-leakage. Storage room for 1 person is plenty, but could get a little cramped for 2 people, who will also find space lacking if sleeping inside it. If you are purchasing it for 2 people, make sure it's for a couple, because it will be very cosy.
As a larger man, I found it very difficult getting dressed in the tent on the days when it rained, but that said, it functioned as expected in all circumstances.
on 30 April 2013
I feel like I'm cheating when I take this tent on a walk. It is a seriously light piece of kit. I'm being a bit harsh: giving it 4 stars as the door zip did snag a couple of times - and I've only used it a few times. But nice & warm on a night that left frost outside in the morning. It is quick to set up & pack away. The tent bag is roomy enough (instead of being one of those where you have to get the tent exactly the right size & shape to squeeze in) and the cover flap is a nice touch.
Blue? I suppose you have to stand out from the Vango Banshee 200 (green). I'd say this is at the same standard as that tent.

Room for two? - not my choice to share this: its a 'one-and-a-half-er'. Mind you two of you would be very warm in winter!
on 1 May 2016
Great quality tent at a good price. You'd definitely pay a lot more for tents of similar quality. Have used it for several bike rallies and has served me well. Easy to put up (only two poles). What I will say though is this is *not* a 2 man tent. I'm 6ft3 and it's snug with me in it on my own.
on 13 October 2014
It states as it is a 2 person tent but trust me when i say just treat it as a one person tent. Backpacked around europe for 3 months with this on my bag so it is light enough to carry around. Setting up the first time is tricky but easy to figure out. The inside is cramped enough. Cleaning it is a breeze as you can unhook the inside and clean it. 2 small bags to place your glasses or watch. Weird is the hole to secure at the zip area seems not to be needed as i cant get in easily if i secure the zip area. Maybe i am doing it wrong?
on 23 November 2015
Fantasticly waterproof. I used this at a festival and we had the heavens open one night. This little baby kept me warm and cozy all night. Pretty good with condensation too. This tent works really well. I was a little shocked at the size though, I mean it is really small. I have no idea how it is a 2 man tent. Would have preferred a little more height too so it was a lot of crawling about. This would have been 5 stars but one of the tent rubbers snapped off on first use!