on 31 March 2012
I originally bought some cheaper Lonsdale sparring gloves for use on my heavy bag. Within a month, I had destroyed them - the side of the right hand glove split open and the knuckle area was worn and cracked. So I took the plunge and bought these Rival gloves as a replacement...and they are infinitely better. Made from real leather, they are a lot tougher and there's a bit less padding inside which is better, because I can actually move my fingers a bit now. I've been hitting the heavy bag almost every day since buying these and they are as still as good as the day I received them. The leather hasn't cracked, there's no sign of splitting and they are comfortable to wear. The open part by the palm lets air in which is useful as my hands get sweaty when taped up, and there's good wrist protection too. For anyone looking to hit hard without getting hit in the pocket, these are a great choice.
on 13 March 2013
well worth the 5 star rating.
These gloves are comfortable to wear and have an excelent design.
the gloves absorb the impact while punching pads or bags very well and is therefore not painfull to wear where as with other gloves i have experienced pain at times. The wrist support is an excellent feature and provides the extra protection needed while training thus allowing you work to your best potential.

Service was also excelent with next day delivery and package securely wrapped.

I would definately recommend these gloves to everyone looking for new high quality gloves.
on 13 March 2013
I've recently got into boxing training for the fitness more than to fight. The gloves at the gym are either torn to pieces or smell absolutely awful. I wanted my own pair of bag gloves but they had to be comfortable as my other cheap pair didn't provide any comfort or even padding despite being 16oz. I couldn't even close my hands properly with them.

With the RB1s, you get great comfort, you can put them on yourself, and the padding is amazing. You can give the bag a good beating and your hands don't suffer. This is very imporant to me as I do a lot of surgery.

I would definitely recommend these to anyone who wants a quality bag glove. You definitely get what you pay for/
on 9 January 2014
These have held up nicely in the gym, they have taken a good pounding on the bags and they still look great. I'm no expert when it comes to gloves but I suspect you can get gloves just as good as these for a better price, thats why I gave 4 stars. But if you want to pay for quality these gloves will do.
on 25 February 2015
These are the best bag gloves i have ever used. I have tried twins, everlast, hayabusa, badboy.
In my opinion these provide the most protection and also have decent room inside if you are wearing wraps.
on 25 March 2013
The gloves are sufficiently light for bag work but provide incredible protection and comfort, also the wrist support allows you to hit with confidence, can highly recommend this product. Excellent quality and value for money
on 15 May 2014
After doing alot of reserch I decided to purchase the Rival RB 1 Bag Gloves, I have just started boxing training
and wanted some decent gloves, my trainer says they are one of the best !!

These gloves are excellent and are really comfortable and have great padding, you can really thow apunc with these!! I went for the 12oz as this seems to be an ideal weight for beginners.

Personally it's worth paying out for good gloves like these as you only get one pair of hands !!

Also I received the usual excellent delivery service from Amazon and they arrived on time in perfect condition.

Many thanks
Andy
on 18 September 2013
The gloves are well made and very comfortable. The padding is firm and provides good feedback, yet has given me none of the knuckle pain I experienced with other bag gloves. I am a 6ft male with medium/large sized hands and these gloves fit perfectly.
on 2 April 2014
Very good bag gloves. Definitely not for sparing though as there is stitching at the front of the glove that could cause cuts. I have just over an 8inch knuckle circumference and have bought the 14oz gloves. Without wraps they are a little loose but with them they are perfect. I would of given this product 5 stars but the stitching on one of the gloves has a loose thread after 2 months of use training 3 times a week.
on 21 March 2013
Great gloves. Just what I was looking for to provide support to the wrists. A necessity to spend at least this amount on a good pair of gloves. Fit for purpose.