on 29 April 2013
I found the torch worked well and the battery was fully charged when delivered. The one small problem was difficulty in opening the solar cell. However, the supplier suggested more force on the release mechanism and if damage occurred they would replace the torch. This gave me more confidence to try harder. I successfully opened the cell by pushing a small screwdriver blade into the catch mechanism without causing damage. The cell has subsequently opened and closed without trouble. The fault was probably a one-off and I recommend the torch.
on 25 April 2013
Once charged the power lasts a long time and the beam is strong and clear.
Unlike some torch light this gives a white light instead of the usual yellow light.
It worked well during lambing when I had to check on my ewes at night and was able to shine the light to every cover of the field.
on 30 December 2014
Excellent torch - love the battery re-charge possibilities. Minor niggles - could do with a flexible adjustment stand to be able to light specific 'activities' I am working on. Also, is it possible to have a diffuser 'switch' to allow a broader area to be lit ?
Otherwise, I like it.

Several years later, the battery is dead. It seems that leaving the torch uncharged for more than 3 months results in this failure. I have disassembled it - with difficulty - to find a custom-design battery - with no replacement possible. Be warned ! Pity - a great design otherwise.
on 17 March 2015
I bought two of these lamps. I agrree with many of the other reviews in that the lamps are very useful reasonable beam, battery powers the light for a good legth of time, However a short time after recieving the lamps the bulb on one has gone unservicable, and Though lots of attempts I am unable to find spares for the lamp. So my advice prior to buying is to ask or locate a good supply of spares, otherwise it is £25-ish for one bulb then the lamp is useless.
on 12 October 2014
Despite some reservations reported by other reviewers, my own experience so far is positive. Charge seems to hold well and light output is very good. Agree with some other reviewers that the charging and charged warning lights don't seem to be working to 100%. Generally though I am satisfied with the purchase.
on 18 February 2013
Very useful, very bright, good strong beam, and charges for free. Leave it in the sun in the window until you want it.
on 14 March 2013
very nice & well built product,powerful light reaches bottom of my garden which is 60ft.can leave top open to charge by solar light great idea.
on 2 December 2015
So far so good. I have only used for a month so cannot speak for more than that but the beam is strong and fairly focussed and the battery charges well and lasts a reasonable time. The solar charge function works too - even in the winter.
on 27 January 2014
This torch does just what it says on the tin. If I had to criticise it I would say that the battery could last longer. I haven't used the solar cells though, so this might make a difference. If you want a torch to grab as you go out of the back door for odd jobs in the winter this is great value.
on 20 January 2018
Very good and strong light but the change battery can’t get replacement so it not good for value for money