on 2 August 2011
This is a great drive. However like the others have said these are grey imports with no manufactures warranty in the UK.

I wish I had read the reviews on amazon's site for the actual drives I was purchasing. I read the reviews on same drive on the other advert but came by this on a day or two later not realising that amazon would sell grey imports.

Poor form from amazon.
on 28 March 2011
Be careful buying these drives! I've just bought 2 of these and checked their serial number on the Samsung site to see what warranty they have. It said, for both drives, "The product has been brought in from outside of this service region and cannot be serviced. Please contact your reseller or distributor."

This means that they are 'Grey Imports' and do not have a UK/European warranty with Samsung. Any problems and the first point of contact is Amazon.

On playing with the country selector on the Samsung site I found that of the 2 drives, one has a warranty valid till April 2014 in the USA, the other valid till May 2014 in Hong Kong. Obviously I purchased from Amazon UK, so they SHOULD have UK warranties!!

Could someone at Amazon please confirm the length of the warranty offered. I believe that it would have been 3 years from Samsung.

Also, I had to send one drive back due to it being DOA. Replacement was sent very quickly, arriving on Monday after the RMA being lodged on Thursday evening.

As always with any peripheral device, always allow it to acclimatise to your environment before you install. Sudden changes in temperature and sensitive electronics don't go together.
on 12 April 2011
This version is a "grey import", or at least the one I got was. This means that the warranty is covered by Amazon, and according to the support request I raised they will only offer 12 months' warranty. The product is the same, but the warranty is far worse - do yourself a favour and buy this one instead, it comes with the full 36-month warranty: Samsung F4 EcoGreen 2TB 32MB 5400RPM 3.5 Inch SATA-II Internal Hard Drive - 3 Year Warranty - OEM
on 16 March 2015
I originally bought this drive in 2011 and it's still going strong, unlike others I received and original drive - not a grey import.

For the price per GB, this drive is a great deal and performs excellently.
on 20 June 2013
This is a good compromise for storage versus price, without taking too much power or losing too much performance. I did find that with a Dell Dimension 9200 it seemed unreliable, and I had to put back the 1 GB Samsung HD103SJ I had hoped to replace, but these disks work correctly in a more modern PC. Recommended.
on 18 April 2012
Received the drive promptly. I purchased this drive to use in my media player. Installed it and nothing happens !!!! After scratching my head for a little while, I realised that I have forgotten to 'format' the drive - it's been a long time since I last purchased a component. Connected it up to my desktop and formatted. It took all night to perform the operation. Installed it in the media player and it spins up fine and it is reasonably quiet. So far no problem with it.
on 1 July 2011
Be warned that these HDs are imported and were not destined for the UK by Samsung. As such Samsung do not offer the normal 3 year warranty on these drives. You only get the 1 year warranty from Amazon.

Suggest you buy the UK version instead:
on 8 October 2015
I bought one of these drives in June 2011 to backup my photos and videos on a seldom used PC. Windows 10 has been wanting to repeatedly scan the hard disk for errors. Having downloaded a SMART disk utility, it seems the disk surface is corrupt and cannot be repaired. Next time I'll buy a HDD with a 5 year warranty.
review image
on 17 September 2011
I purchased 2 of these drives to put into a NAS devise. They work fine, but are noisy. Fine for a server room, but not something you would want in your living room. The thing I didn't consider until I had them delivered is that you can't install the recomended firmware update for use in a NAS devise unless the disk is installed in a PC. I won't be buying this drive again.
on 16 September 2011
Lovely quiet disc. Recommended for anyone who cares about noise. I have paired this as the Data store with a Crucial SSD for the OS and everything is fine.