Customer reviews

Good
on 9 January 2015
good
on 6 December 2012
Nice audio quality, but I had to bend the male connecter quite a bit to get it to stay in place. probably worth going for a slightly higher end one next time
on 11 February 2011
they arrived the day after i ordered them and the alow to plug my laptop and my ps3 sound into my surond sound which on has one aux port for the red and white audio leads
on 7 January 2012
The item being reviewed here was sold by "GVC digital".

The ones I recieved look exactly like the image, and are very well built. The gold plating looks very thin, but no loss in signal quality can be seen when using these adapters.

I am currently using 5 of these adapters (3 pairs with 1 spare) to connect two YPbPr devices to my HDTV and this works perfectly, providing only one device is on at a time.
on 15 June 2011
Cheap construction, works I suppose individually, but I was unable to place the two side by side in adjacent phone sockets becuase the design is too wide.OK if you only have a single socket to convert
on 11 April 2011
Does the job perfectly and at a bargain price.

I used this splitter to carry sound from my PS3 to an amplifier and the TV in parallel. Works like a dream.
on 3 March 2012
Let me remind you this is a review of the product, NOT the seller. I have, so far, no problems with "gamesalor".

These splitters are lightweight, hollow, cheaply manufactured pieces of plastic crud. Give them a gently flick or tap, and you can feel the interior gubbins shaking around. They are extremely flimsy and feel like the smallest amount of pressure on the male end will result in them breaking.

The gold plated contacts are remarkably thin and do not make good contact with the female sockets into which they are inserted.

I was intending to use these to help vertically bi-amp an audio setup. Immediately it became clear there was a issue with these splitters: the output from one was considerably lower than the other. So I checked all the connections - all was fine. Nevertheless, I reinserted cables just to be certain that nothing was loose, but on the next test, there was nothing but an extremely loud buzz from one speaker.

Upon further investigation, it was apparent that within two minutes of use, these splitters had broken. There is a serious grounding problem with them. There merest amount of stress, and the internals become fuggered and produce nothing but noise.

Shouldn't complain - you get what you pay for. And a 50p a pop I shouldn't be surprised. But that doesn't stop me being disappointed.

My advice - avoid these splitters and save yourself the frustration.
on 29 December 2012
I bought these because my Hi-Fi only has one audio in. I was hoping to have my PC linked up alongside my PS3...and when these arrived i did, but they're totally pointless.

The audio level is dramatically reduced when using these. You have to have your volume up full on the system to just even hear it, nevermind blast it out. Another bad fault is the cheapness: Yes, they're cheap anyway, but these are so fragile it's beyond belief; Mine are already rattling on the inside and I've only been using them an hour.

Utter waste, seriously. I suppose the star can count for the fact that i only lost a quid.
on 31 January 2013
Guided by son, ordered one unit on the basis that he read "2xGold 1 to 2...) as meaning that you got two of the things. One for the left and one for the right channel. Logical but maybe Chinese arithmetic.

I rethought that and ordered two more from the same people. They took some time to arrive (not a problem as far as I was concerned). and one of the ones in the packet of two was bent (not damaged but badly made) and somewhat corroded. The other solo was fine. As was the third. So son was right after all. Two good. One dodgy.

Seller wrote to check delivery which impressed me more than the product.