Customer reviews

Bought for Christmas/Birthday
on 24 July 2015
Great Album
on 19 December 2015
A fan of weezer for many years this however is not their strongest collection of songs.
on 5 March 2013
Bought as a bday present but i know the recipient is very pleased with this cd and the tracks on it
on 4 December 2015
excellent
on 5 December 2011
I bought this album faithfully as a devoted Weezer fan with relatively low expectations. Make believe wasn't really my cup of tea and Raditude was downright awful. Hurley was a great improvement and for this reason I bought Death To False Metal.

This is meant to be an album of b-sides and rarities so I approached it with relatively low hopes.

The album starts well with "Turning up the Radio" and "I don't want your Loving". These two songs are more or less what Weezer do best. Relatively simple yet powerful rock anthems. "Blowing My Stack" is in a similar vein but much less remarkable.

From here the album diversifies. "Losing my mind" is supposed to be an emotional ballad but really doesnt cut it. "I'm a robot" has a sixties feel and is allright despite Rivers Cuomo's cringeworthy Vocals. "Autopilot" embraces the alternative feel of "The Red Album" but again due to embarrasing and often childish lyrics falls short.

Between these songs are "Trampoline" and "The Odd Couple" which again are more examples of the perfect Weezer sound.

The album ends with the unnecessarily "Emotional" "Unbreak My Heart". The lyrics frankly are sickening and this again just doesn't grab me.

All in all it's quite a good album. An essential for dedicated fans but Weezer have released much more exciting and interesting albums, so if You're buying Weezer for the first time, head for something earlier.
on 12 January 2018
I love Weezer but this is their worst.
on 11 December 2010
I have never listened to a Weezer album since Green that I didn't say to myself "I'm not so sure about this". Same again here.
But there's enough hooks in the songs to warrant another listen and then they've got me. Humming little tunes all day and not sure where they have come from, to working out some of the fiddly guitar solo's.

Weezer are not just another guitar pop band.
Not scared of trying something different.
I was surprised to find out most of these songs were written some time ago and never made it onto albums.
I couldn't tell at all.

Brilliant stuff.
on 1 March 2013
I love all that is Weezer, so had to buy this album. It is great fun!
Buy it, play loud in the car... guaranteed succes!