on 14 August 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Toys for the very young are often simple as the people using them have simple pleasures. Is it colourful, does it move, perhaps a squeak? The ‘Baby’s First Car’ does all of these things, but it is very basic. The plastic itself is sturdy and the moulding rounded (although the join between the top and bottom of the toy is a little rough). Added fun is found when moving the car backwards and forwards; this causes the eyes to move. For me this looked a little bit cheap; a poor version of the Fisher Price phone that has been around for decades. There is basic and there is very basic.

If you are looking for something that is very simple and at a good price, ‘First Car’ by Ambi is just that. However, there are little added extras at all. A baby will probably not mind this, but don’t expect it to keep their attention for too long as bigger and better toys will be just around the corner.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 July 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Ambi Baby's First Car, or as he is known is our house "Squeaky", is a little cutie.

His bright yellow colour is an attention grabber and his smiley face could raise a smile on the grumpiest of people.

The eyes move up and down as his front wheels move which is a nice touch.

The large red button on top makes the squeaking noise.

Unfortunately that is as much as "Squeaky" can do and so the little one will probably get bored with it quite quickly, but he looks really lovely on the shelf when not in use - so even after he has fallen out of favour as a toy he will make a lovely decoration.

Like with Ambi's other toys it is well made. I have been unable to find any sharp edges that a little one might cut their tiny fingers on.

Conclusion: a nice well made little toy, but it will have a limited playtime appeal.
VINE VOICEon 25 June 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There is no denying this car is excellently made with a baby in mind but that's about as good as it gets.
The car really doesn't do anything spectacular apart from move it's eyes when pushed along and is really no better or worse than any other toy with a baby in mind. Even the obligatory horn beeping noise is very old hat I think nowadays. Our youngest nephew who was round recently, who I picked this in mind of, hardly showed any interest so not very attention grabbing.
All in all a bit of a let down.
VINE VOICEon 2 August 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is adorable. It is bright yellow with a red button on top which hoots when pressed. There are black easy rolling wheels and white and blue eyes which roll when car is pushed. There is an adorable smiling expression on the bonnet. Best of all no batteries and no wind ups. Reminds me of the toys of my childhood but much better. I love it. I am longing for my great granddaughter to visit. I'm sur she will love it too.
VINE VOICEon 23 August 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A bright, simple, straightforward and basic toy which our 6 month old is enjoying playing with. Would make a nice gift for a baby 6 months plus.

As you push the car along, it's eyes move up and down. The red button on the top also squeaks.

It is not battery operated and does not play music so as our little girl grows, I am sure she will be moving on to toys that light up and make noise.

However, for now, we are quiet happy with this silent toy as, let's be honest, some of these musical toys can drive you mad after a while!
VINE VOICEon 24 July 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a lovely - no frills - traditional toy car like I used to play with when I was younger! These types of toys are very much in fashion at the moment with toy companies bringing back the old versions of the basic Fisher Price toys etc so this looks great as a gift for any child.

It's a pretty solid, cute little car, his eyes move as you roll him along and he has a little horn on top. He's bright, friendly and my 2 year old carts him around everywhere - he loves him! The car has survived quite a few whacks into the furniture and is still going strong and best of all..... no batteries!

Highly recommended - sometimes you don't need lights and music to entertain the little ones.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This one is a basic toy car, the push-along kind with comical rolling eyes. There's also a squeaky hooter on the roof. The body of it looks solid and, but I'm nit sure how much of a battering the wheels will take. That said, our one-year-old grandchild is thrilled with it. It is bright and easy for him to push along. The hooter on the top is a bit hard to press, but when he whacks it works well enough.

It looks like the wheels are on metal rods tucked away inside. While they don't pose a problem, we are wondering if those metal bits will rust when dunked in the bath tub.The box doesn't say anything about that, so we'll try to avoid any car-in-water situations.

While it's not a very original toy, it keeps our little lad very happy, and for that we like it a lot. We also like that it doesn't need that dreaded expense of every parent - batteries!

We've seen these for sale in upmarket toy stores in Florence, Italy, and at much higher prices than they sell for in the UK. They seem to be quite trendy there at the moment.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a sturdy little yellow car, which has been simply designed and is a pretty timeless design (if it wasn't brand new, you wouldn't know whether it was built in the 60s, 80s or more recently and that is part of the charm. It is not quite the classic of a wooden toy, but it does remind my of my own childhood toys (the eyes remind me of the wheely telephone with rolling eyes) and it is a simple, robust toy which squeaks when you bang the red button on the top and whose eyes roll when you roll him along. Well worth buying for the joy it will bring your child, even if the squeak does get a bit monotonous!
VINE VOICEon 18 May 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Nice enough toy with a squeak button on the top (Bit hard to push) and eyes that move as the baby rolls the toy along. Its reasonably sturdy but the wheels suggest to me it wont last that long (If they do I stand corrected) This should also be used on a reasonably flat surface as the baby will get little joy especially if you have thick carpet. That may be something you are not too happy with though as it means baby being on hard (Potentially painful) Surfaces. We have long thick mats we roll out for the baby that are also OK to push toys like this along.
VINE VOICEon 5 August 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an incredibly simple toy. The red part on the top is a squeaky button to press, a bit too hard for younger children to do by themselves but my son loves picking it up just to get his hands on this bit. The eyes are cute and bright and these roll as you push the car along or let it go. It is very simply made but sturdy enough so that there is no fear of any parts detaching. The car wheels roll fine on our laminate flooring and on carpet too - no sticking at all.This is a fun first toy.