Size: 35 g|Change

on 4 July 2013
I bought these for my fish when I first got into fishkeeping to give them a varied diet. For a while the tubifex was ok, fish were enjoying it and no problems.
A little while later though I started to encounter some problems with fish dying from something internal. Wasn't sure if it was the food or not though, so carried on feeding every now and then.
Fed a tubifex cube again and one of my glowlight tetras started to spin around in circles and had no balance, eventually it died and had a hole in its stomach. By this point I was getting convinced that it was the food.
I left feeding tubifex for a little while and had no problems in the mean time.
Decided to feed tubifex once more, again another glowlight tetra span around in circles and had a hole in its stomach at the end.

After the last incident the tubifex went in the bin and since have had no problems. After research it turns out tubifex feeds on sewage and this food needs to be prepared properly in order to kill parasites and bad bacteria etc.

If you are going to vary your fishes diet, the best way is home-cultured live food, specially treated frozen foods, flakes or deshelled cooked peas (broken into small pieces).
Well my fish line up and wag their tails at the best of times, but they go absolutely nuts for these easily dissolving dry squares of tubifex- angelfish and gouramis are in paradise, the corydoras catfish suddenly start getting busy at the bottom of the tank. even my foot long plectostomus occasionally wakes up and rolls a floating cube around in his mouth- scattering the smaller disgruntled fish in his wake. Really well appreciated product and less faff and safer than frozen cubes.
on 14 July 2015
We have an outdoor pond with goldfish and many frogs. As frogs will, they lay far too much frogspawn in our small pond. We transfer the frogspawn into a a very large plastic tub which contains pond weed but does not appear to have enough food for the thousands of tadpoles so we supplement the tadpoles food with tubifex. The tadpoles love it and the blackbirds who sit on the edge of the tub and fish for tadpoles also love this system. So much so that we had to start feeding the tubifex at night so that the tadpoles were not sitting targets for the blackbirds. Oh and the goldfish in our pond like tubifex too.
on 18 February 2013
My goldfish love tubifex worms, but buying them locally I only got small tubs which was expensive. I soak them so that the fish have to chase about picking up strands and it keeps them busy for a while
on 22 April 2013
All of our freshwater tropical fish love these blocks, which we alternate with frozen treats, pellets and algae wafers, to supplement the flake food. They float initially, which is ideal for guppies and other top feeders. As small pieces break off and begin to sink, the other fish zoom in to eat them. The 'dust' at the bottom of the tub is great for small-mouthed fish and fry. Our fish had been deprived of this treat for a few months when our local pet shop stopped stocking it in tubs - the price for a box containing only 7g of blocks was becoming ridiculous. I think that the price of 2 of these tubs was close to the price for 3-4 7g packets!!! A fantastic saving - I will be buying these again!
on 11 April 2013
My tropical fish love it. just press it on the glass or leave it free floating in the aquarium it doesent take long for the fish to catch on.
on 11 July 2011
A 10g tub of tubifex retails locally at £2.99. Buying these 2 tubs of 35g is a huge saving. Fantastic conditioning food for my variety of Rainbows, can't get enough of it. Live and even frozen tubifex can be dangerous for fish but this freeze dried variety is completely safe and nutritious.
on 10 April 2014
Really good value. Fish go mad for it. It's great to stick to the glass. I try to get it low down so my corys get a bash at it. Great stuff.
on 12 February 2013
An excellent purchase for any fish lover. Real value for money and good use by dates. Your fish will love you, for buying this product.
on 23 April 2012
value for money and great save on your pocket also saving by buying two items at one time (pack of two) tubifex 35g great savings.