Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Eminem Shop now Shop now

on 26 April 2017
Does the job and costs so little cant go wrong
on 26 November 2017
Works great.
on 3 August 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 22 November 2012
cheap and cheerful, they give you great peace of mind and make you feel secure in your own home, they are so easy to fix to your door,no hassle at all
on 4 March 2013
ed on time, good for the price although 1 of them has stopped working but would still recomend for the price as they work well
on 20 November 2011
My alarms came very quickly. They were well packaged(2 in a 2 pack as stated!!) and supplied with working batteries. Easy to install, easy to use, easy to maintain. I bought the alarm to keep my escape artist toddler son in and they work well for warning me that he's done it again! It is louder than expected which can only be good for an alarm system.
Only slight downside is there is no delay to allow you to slip outside without switching it off or having the alarm going but I knew this before I bought it.
on 26 June 2011
i purchased 2 magnetic door/window alarms which are about 6 cm long. the alarms have a detection range to the contact mechanism of 2cm to 3cm so once that's exceeded it will make the alarm sound at what i believe is 100 db. This noise will only stop if the alarm is either switched off or it re alligns with the contact mechanism.

This contact alarm does work and i trust its ability to do its designed purpose 100%. Ive tested it and feel a great deal of reassurance that should someone get past my locks that the contact alarm will sound and buy me time while my 2 door chains hold off the intruder.

I simply cannot relate to the other product reviews. in response to the false alarms from annother reviewer i believe the battery's where possibly about to die which would halt the contact process. i recomend stocking up on 1.5v ag13 batteries which are very cheap. This is the other thing that got me interested in the product, its cheap to maintain.

I highly recommend this product and if people buy it then i advise people to try to get the contact mechanism pretty close to the detection device as it will increase sensitivity to the magnetic contact and the batteries shouldn't be drained unreasonably quick.
on 24 April 2014
not the sellers fault and for the price, I am happy as I only wanted the one unit anyway.
remember this comes sealed in plastic from the factory.. the seller cannot check them for working and take the same gamble as we do when buying cheap goods.. they serve my purpose and am happy with the seller..
on 1 September 2013
KINGAVON WINDOW ALARMS: I bought 3 twin packets of these. So had 6 alarms to fit. So far, one would not work at all. The magnets of two had to be re-sited. Two alarms keep giving off clicking noises. One would not work at all. So though they seem cheap it is a waste of money.

KINGAVON WIND-UP TORCHES: Bought two packets of three of these at £10.00 per pkt. One set was a gift, and one set for my family to use. The wind-up mechanism ceased functioning within weeks of purchase and these are now useless.

KINGAVON - I cannot find who is the MANUFACTURER of KINGAVON products so that I can complain to them for a waste of a total of £20.00 for 2 pkts of their wind-up torches, plus these window alarms I bought.

Following my experience of KINGAVON window alarms and KINGAVON wind-up torches, I shall now steer clear of any product labelled KINGAVON.

Incidentally I bought wind-up torches from Wilkinsons, High Street stores, about 5 years ago at £3.99 each, and these still work today and have never once failed. They are excellent. I bought the KINGAVON ones online because I was unwell and could not get out to the shops to a Wilkinson store to buy the ones Wilkinson sells.
on 17 December 2013
I bought these as another brand was unavailable.
They were very inexpensive so no complaints there, the construction reminds you the price is very low.
Some wouldn't switch on and one on the window needed to be removed as it wouldn't stop beeping.
I had to buy some car bumper double-sided tape to bring the alarms and the magnets near enough to work effectively.
Out of 6 I think 3 or 4 are OK.
Overall, it feels more secure with them on.