Learn more Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now

on 21 June 2012
I purchased this item after sourcing it on Amazon and following a phone call to the company for more detailed advice about my print needs. The comany representitive was extemely helpful and polite and gave me accurate, knowlegeable information about the product.
I purchased the printer via Amazon and benefited from a discount from the company by doing so. The item was delivered the next day on their standard delivery terms.
I have since used the printer for my daily print needs and it is exactly as the rep. described.
I would recommend this item for large numbers of A4 printing, the colour and quality are excellent, both on card and paper. It also prints to a high quality on glossy or photographic paper if need be.
The only slight worry for me is the cost of Brother's own original toner replacements. The other advice I received following a relatively low number of pages printed on the toner's that came included in the new printer, is that the manufacturer's don't include 'full' toner's for sales purposes, our second toner replacement has printed a much more acceptable total number of A4 sheets.
I would highly recommend this printer and the company who sold it to me.
on 16 September 2012
I have had a Brother HL-1450 mono laser printer for about five years, it just works, actually it just works very well with the variety of operating systems used in our household (XP, Vista, Win7 and PCLOS Linux), the best bit is that I found it in a skip behind our local doctor's surgery and I have never bought either toner or a drum for it. It was thus an obvious choice to buy a Brother colour laser printer when our old HP inkjet started to malfunction after nearly ten years of constant use. The HL4140 arrived within 48 hours and was pretty easy unpack and set up on our LAN, I configured the IP address etc, via the menu on the tiny monochrome display. Loading the Windows drivers and utilities was pretty easy but, predictably, setting up the Brother on my Linux PC and laptop was slightly more challenging as the Brother CUPS drivers available on PCLOS's Synaptic server do not include this current model, luckily Brother does support Linux and rpm and deb driver files are available for this model on Brother's support web pages. I'm happy with the print quality so far, photographs are not as good as I used to get from my old HP photosmart inkjet (as expected) but you print them faster and cheaper. One thing to mention is the construction and build quality with can only be described as CHEAP, the front mounted envelope / non-A4 paper tray is a nasty and flimsy plastic affair which might not last long in a busy office or other professional environment, in a soho or domestic study it is only just okay for occasional use. The main plus for this printer is the price which at £135 through Amazon is an incredible bargain for a capable, networkable colour laser printer. RECOMMENDED FOR SOHO/DOMESTIC USE BUT BUY WITH CAUTION FOR OFFICE/PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENTS BECAUSE OF THE CHEAP BUILD QUALITY. You get what you pay for and you get quite a lot with this Brother printer but treat it carefully.
on 17 April 2013
Bought this to replace an aging HP inkjet PSC. MUCH BIGGER... takes up more space but boy is it quick, and the quality is really good. We also have a HP laser, granted an older one and this is by far better. Build quality is a little flimsy so it needs looking after, but overall fair. A little complex to set up, so this is not plug & play, various parts have to come out of the machine but the instructions are really good. Software installation was easy.
The supplier, Blitz Online, were excellent, phoned to say when it was going to be delivered and let us know about the cashback deal that brother were offering. It arrived the next day as well.
Would recommend this printer.
Lots of replacement toner cart deals around for this model as well.
on 27 November 2011
Fast posted, hi quality priting in white and black & color, power saver ,sleep mode , it used in network or individual
on 10 March 2013
Its a goodprinter but a bit on the large size for our small office.
the manul feed trays are very thin cheap and will break sooner or later.
easy to setup and network so that was a plus,
on 5 March 2013
Bough it to replace an HP printer which developed problems after a year.
Early days but it seems a great buy at the minute!
on 26 March 2013
Beware if you have vista computers the driver install upsets the vista system I had a problem with all vista pcs not opening word 2007 and it cost me days of time putting the problem right

I would suggest making sure adobe reader and flash players are fully up to date before installing hope this helps
on 12 December 2012
Fast and cheaper to use than some of the others we have. I would recomend this printer for someone with a small office.
on 26 November 2014
Great printer quick setup just plugged it in to the network and off it went
on 8 October 2014
Excellent, works well on both windows and apple, fast delivery.