Customer reviews

Sport Direct SLMS5 Mini Silicone LED Light Set, White

on 30 December 2012
These lights are very bright and the option of flashing vs continuous mode is useful. They are very easy to place on and remove from your chosen bar/poles on the bike or helmet or back pack (for rear red light) and easy to keep handy in your pocket if you need to take them off while locking the bike up outdoors by shops etc. My only complaint is that a couple of times when it was a bit bumpy, the back light sprung off. That's probably due to careless placement on my part but it does mean you need to just check the silicone rubber band it has, to go round the place you put it on, needs to be dry and suitably tight (but not so tight that it snaps) before you install it every time.
on 9 November 2017
Perfect at the price. I have a black rear light fitted to my bike and I have fitted a white front light to my daughters scooter and the red rear light to her helmet. Great safety addition for the school runs now that the days are shortening.
on 5 April 2012
These little lights may be small (about a few cm across?) but they're certainly bright for their size!
When you unpack them and switch them on, DON'T put them near your eyes! I almost blinded myself!
Which is a good thing, really, because I know that in the dark they're going to be super bright on my bike. They're definitely clear enough for cars and pedestrians to see me coming!

You get one white light and one red, both as impressive as each other, and they come fitted with the batteries already in them... So there's literally no work for you to do asides from (very easily) attach them to your bike.

Why aren't more bike lights like this?
A MUST BUY! :)
on 9 January 2012
Good product. Delivered promptly. You stretch the rubber bands and hook them around just under the light to hold in place. The rubber bands are long enough to go round a handlebar but trying to stretch them any further to attach elsewhere will cause it to snap, as happened to me!
on 9 August 2012
These cycle lamps function as expected and as other reviewers have described, BUT, the packaging says must be used in conjuction with a BS approved cycle light set. Not knowing what this meant, Google revealed that it is illegal to cycle, when illumination is required, without a British Standard 6102/3 light set. All such approved sets have the BS number marked on them. These do not and if you were involved in an accident at night any claims for compenstion could be reduced or void as you would have contributed to the accident by not having proper illumination. Very unlikely you may think, but imagine being paralysed from the neck down with no compensation when the same or slightly more money would have got you a BS approved light set. So however good these lights may be subjectively, they are a waste of money if bought to be used on their own. The lights have the CE mark, but all this means is that the manufacturer has adopted appropriate quality control systems to ensure fitness for purpose for the product in question, but in this case, not as a BS approved light set. Looking again at the choice of cycle lights avaliable on Amazon, BS conformity is not stressed enough so beware if you are purchasing these or other lights as the sole means of illumination for your bike.
44 Comments| 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2011
I got these little lights for my bike, they are small but really bright. When am not using them for my bike I attach them to the dog's collar so I can see him on a dark night when out for a walk.
on 26 October 2012
Small easy to use. and a doodle getting on and off the bike just nice.
And water proof to boot.
on 17 April 2012
surprisingly good and bright little lights, at a reasonable price, handy to slip on and off in seconds and popped into your pocket for safe keeping...good for various uses other than on your bike.
on 6 October 2013
I really like these LEDs, they are vey bright. They loose a star because you cannot replace the batteries. However they are cheap, so I have bought replacements for when they stop working. I also like the fixing which is very versatile. I ride a recumbent trike, without standard fittings, the lights fit any where including the flag pole on the back. I do use bright catseye rechargeable lights as my main lights, but they are a very good adjunct to my main lights. Time will tell how durable and how long these LEDs last.
UPDATE : Although I have not used the lights that regularly, about 6 to 9 months after purchase they are still going strong and remain robust.
on 16 December 2011
Really good lights. Was sent a set that didn't work (the batteries were dead) but after contacting the seller got some replacements. Have already recommended these lights to other bike enthusiasts.