Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 June 2017
This was bought for my other half who's more into this kind of music. My tastes are a little more "synthetic", if you know what I mean.

However, although I might not lose myself in music like this (as my other half might), I recognise a wonderful set of hauntingly lovely songs. As soon as the first song began to play, I knew she'd love this CD, and I actually found myself stopping to listen to it. Let me re-iterate: This is NOT my kind of music! I really dislike vocal music, and for some reason the female timbre grates on my ears, and I don't know why (I'm not that much more keen on the male voice, in a classical setting tbh either).

So, it's all the more wonderful to put on a CD like this, and find myself captivated by it. Agnes' voice is transfixing, and the songs are equally mesmerising. This is wonderful music to have on in the background, or while you're cooking.
on 5 May 2017
Wow i was pointed in this direction many many moons ago. now to have it on vinyl really opens it up...
AMAZING
on 15 May 2014
Very, very beautiful. I try not to listen to my cd too much so as not to risk spoiling the treat. What a talent, singing, playing the keyboard and producing. Especially powerful to listen to when driving at night along dark Cornish lanes.
on 30 April 2016
Fantastic, just love this performer. Modern, very listenable tracks which suit most peoples' tastes. Love the piano accompaniment and consider the brilliant tracks to a vocally lighter and much softer style to those of us who enjoy Adele.
on 2 March 2016
This is another cd I bought before even hearing the artist voice. I've since bought a second, the album Aventine, which is also good. Agnes Obel will probably not have you jumping up to dance ~ I find it more conducive to aiding concentration and calming down. Her music is definitely worth checking out.
on 23 February 2012
A really lovely album. For the most part beautiful. If the first track does nothing for you then back to the boy bands with you! It does border on the twee occasionally, but it is marginal and as an avid listener of 'popular' music for very many years I'd definitely recommend this as a must have whatever your musical tastes.
on 15 July 2011
In the current sea of good albums, by good female singers, this is one that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Looking forward to the next one and much more from the exquisite Agnes Obel.
on 19 November 2016
Haunting! so well performed the tunes and sounds linger long after the music stops
on 14 November 2016
ethereal and chilling. I want one track where the shackles were off.
on 28 November 2016
Looking forward to seeing Agnes in Birmingham, if she is half as good live it will be a memorable evening.