on 6 April 2011
I have Leah Bracknell's first yoga DVD and loved it. At the time I bought it I had about four different yoga DVD'S but hers was the only one I used eventually as it was so much better than the others. I have attended yoga classes off and on for years so have a good idea of what I am doing. I think to try to do yoga from a DVD without having attended any classes would not be a good idea, as without someone to correct the postures it is easy to make fundamental mistakes without realising. The second DVD is even better. The pace is much faster, which can be confusing at times if you aren't familiar with the postures, but it is very enjoyable and at a level that a beginner could cope with with patience and perseverance. Her style is great - clear, concise and very watchable. Her voice is calm and reasurring and there aren't too many distractions. I prefer that it is just her in this one rather than three people as in the first one. I would like to know what the postures are designed to achieve, and that is the only criticism I would make. All in all very highly recommended.
17 people found this helpful
on 4 November 2013
I purchased this DVD after doing yoga for about two months by following really basic beginners' routines. At first, I found it more challenging than what I had previously been doing, but after a few days I got used to the sequences and now, about two weeks later, I absolutely love it. The DVD is a beautiful collection of postures, and is much more invigorating than others that I've tried. I was initially dubious of the 'inner peace' claim, but definitely agree with this now - it makes me feel great. In my opinion, a basic knowledge of some yoga poses would be helpful before starting this, but it is really worth putting the work in. Thanks to yoga, I have got the best body I've ever had, and feel happy and relaxed. It needn't be a massive investment - I do around 30 minutes a day, every day, and have noticed significant benefits since I started a few months ago. I can see this DVD being a staple of my daily routine for a very long time.
on 25 June 2017
Easy to watch due to lovely location, straightforward to follow and as peaceful as 'Yoga for You', Leah's previous DVD.
on 7 March 2013
Other people have said all the things I was going to say. It's a great DVD a good follow on to Yoga and You.More challenging for a 72 year old like me, but I am getting there.I would recommend this yoga DVD to anyone except real beginners,or the less flexible, for whom it is too hard in my opinion.
on 19 August 2011
i have already got leah's first yoga dvd and enjoyed it, so i was pleased that she had brought out a new one this year. I am only a beginner and not used to all the postures or the breathing technique but leah explains everything well and takes you through it all and its easy to get in to. Her calm voice and the relaxing background music puts you at ease with everything. Inner peace is probably my favourite section, although my mum would say the relaxation bit at the end is the best!! I havent tried anyone elses' yoga dvds so cannot compare but i would recommend both her dvds to others looking to getting into yoga. Beware though, the scenery will make you want to book a holiday!!
2 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2014
Have followed Leah Bracknell's yoga for some time but out of practice at the mo, I am loving the presentation and the location and her voice when doing the relaxation section sends me off to sleep so - good job Leah.
on 17 June 2011
I loved Leah Bracknell's first DVD and when I found out she brought out a new DVD I ordered it straight away. I can say I wasn't disappointed-it was better. I love her style of teaching and the way the DVD is filmed. I have brought many yoga DVDs and Leah Bracknell's is the only one I go back too. I hope it won't be long until she brings out another one.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2011
I bought this DVD a few weeks ago to top up my weekly yoga class by practising at home. Its a pretty easy workout for me... I am not super fit, but have done yoga for some years on and off. I bought another more intense DVD and use that if I'm feeling energetic, and use this one if I feel a bit tired and need an easier session. The tone is fine, although maybe a little serious for me, but its professionally produced and Leah comes across well. I think it could do with another 5 mins of Sun Salutations. Its nice that it is adaptable, so you can choose which bit you do first and also take away the talking for certain parts.
on 18 March 2014
I prefered the first one that Leah did. This one did not leave me with inner peace and it felt that she rushed it rather than take it slow, I felt that I was rushing it as well.

Her voice as well did not leave me relaxed.
on 20 August 2016
Product as described. Good service.