TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 July 2014
I mounted this feeder on the window of my summerhouse which I use as an office. Being not much more than a small shed with windows, this feeder is no more than 5ft from where I sit. There are a lot a shrubs around the outside of the shed, but there is a clear flight path to the rest of the garden. I put it up early in the winter, and have been very impressed at just how well it sticks to the glass. (its definitely worth cleaning the glass very thoroughly before you attach the suckers. I filled the various compartments with a mixture of mealworms, nuts, seeds and fat balls on the side attachments. All the compartments in the tray have drainage holes to allow rainwater out. The one exception is a small compartment at the front that is meant for water. This compartment is very small so I don't bother putting water in it, and instead fill it with food. there are plenty of other water sources in the garden,

It took about 2 weeks before any bird visited the table while I was in the shed watching. This was still winter when the birds were hungry, so for those reviewers who do not get any birds, I would suggest being patient and wait till winter. First to come were a pair of Great Tits. Sometime later, lots of Blue Tits joined them. Since then the Robins have started coming and the occasional Long-Tailed Tit stops off to eat on their daily passage through the garden each afternoon. I have a lot of other birds in the garden, but none of the others are brave enough to use this feeder with me sitting so close. Strangely I have some very brave wrens which will actually sit on the door handle 18 inches from my head, but wont use the feeder. With all the birds that do visit, I try to move around as little as possible, as they are quite nervous with me so close, and are easily startled. The exceptions to this are the Great Tits who don't seem at all concerned about me, even if I stand up and move closer.

Now it is summer, and it seems that the fat balls are favourite, winter, spring and summer. The birds only take the other food in the trays if the fat balls have run out. They also visit far more frequently when fats balls are available. I have noticed that the Great Tits in particular will flick large amounts of loose food out of the trays looking for something interesting buried deeper, which means that there are seeds all over the ground. This can be a real problem for attracting mice or rats. Keeping the feeder stocked with fat balls gets around the problem.

The clear plastic design means that the birds are always totally visible, which is a great bonus. My only issue with this feeder is the safety string. It looks very unsightly having white string stretch from the feeder to the nearest opening window. Up to now, the suckers have been 100% reliable, but no doubt if I removed the ugly string, the feeder would fall off the window the following day.
22 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 September 2013
This bird feeder is great!, there is nothing like sitting in the conservatory on a sunny morning eating boiled eggs and dipping soldiers, whilst looking out of the window and seeing a pair of Great Tits, safe in the knowledge that my Fat Balls are safely in their holders....what could be better...
44 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 November 2017
Really pleased with my purchase. It sticks securely to the window and the birds are visiting every day. A clever way of seeing birds close up.
on 20 February 2017
Great window feeder. I live on the beach and so get a lot of high winds and driving rain but the suction pads on the feeder have never given up! It's a really good design especially for keeping the fat balls in place and the seed dry. Unfortunately, the feeder hasn't been tested by a single bird yet. It's been up for two weeks and is being ignored ..... one day!
on 12 June 2017
The birds now have a right party at my window. Just to be safe though, I have tied it up to a small window which opens above just in case the suckers do give way after a while. It is firmly attached with the suckers though.
on 12 September 2013
Brilliant product.

I have even seen a bird that I have never seen before, in real life. I think if you put it at a higher level, ie tree top level, you get different birds. I now get a good range of woodpeckers. I am in Kent, in a rural, non surburban, location near fields for horses, non arable where pesticides are, and lots of native hedges. The longer you have the windowbox, the more you get over time, as birds get wise. I do not want to use it in London as there are too many cats and birds do not feel that safe.

The suckers are large and strong, only twice I have had to put them back as the odd starling moves it.

I now get 12 varieties of birds - see if anyone can top it

Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Nuthatches, Sparrows, Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Coal, Blue and Great tits, robins, chaffinches, starlings, um and the odd squirrel, even though my bedroom is on the 1st floor. The most popular visitors are the blue tits.

This feeder is great. A neighbour had a bird table stolen, so in these areas, window feeders are perfect.

Don't put it in the bedroom if you are a light sleeper, as the woodpeckers will wake you up at 5am.

Popular with woodpeckers and nuthatches - fat balls, peanuts
Most of them seem to love the sunflower hearts esp goldfinches and greenfinches
Mealworms and porridge oats - robins

Our rural garden, with its hedges and native trees, does have long tailed tits, but they have not appeared on my window box yet.

I haven't had any thrushes and blackbirds, as I haven't put out currants yet, but I will today and see what happens. I am not sure if my house is too high up for them. I would like to get more chaffinches so I need to put some different seeds for them.

Sometimes you see birds feeding baby birds, so avoid feeding them with peanuts during this time, in case the birds choke. I have actually kept my window feeder going right through summer, and even then, it has been very busy

I recommend buying two of these, one for the less dominant birds so they get a chance particularly the cute, mangy little blue tits.

I have bought another for me, for my ground floor windows, to see what happens, and for my brother, who has cats and these are great for birds as they are away from them, and my elderly mother who can't see the birds in the garden very much as she is disabled.

I am lucky to have a good variety of birds as my garden is wildlife friendly and has lots of native trees and hedges nearby. I don't have any fencing.

I recommend them for offices, as it helps reduce stress. My workplace has one.
on 15 April 2017
Speedy delivery nice product
on 22 March 2017
on 24 November 2016
The item I was sent appears to have been used - maybe as a display item but definitely used.
on 8 January 2017
Great item. My friend loves it.