Customer reviews

Van Halen Ii [VINYL]
Format: Vinyl|Change
Price:£24.00+ £2.52 shipping

on 6 February 2012
I have only just recently picked this album up having in the past put it down as a 70's album that wouldn't sound as good perhaps as the bands mid 80's production values (even though I had VH1 and loved it!). How wrong was I? After all this time being a Van Halen fan, I didn't have a clue how strong these songs were, in part due to being slightly put off by Dance The Night Away, which I always thought was a bit too poppy for VH.
From start to finish, this album rocks and doesn't at all sound dated as I had once feared. It's hard to actually pick my favourite tracks as they all work really well as a whole (although I still feel `Dance' is too poppy compared to the rest). If I had to pick my personal favourites then Somebody Get Me A Doctor, Bottoms Up, Beautiful Girls and Women In Love probably cut it more, but the guitar intro to DOA is very cool, the guitar work on Spanish Fly is a nice break from the heavy `brown sound' throughout the album and You're No Good is a great opener and choice of cover.
And yes, Dance The Night Away is one of the best pop songs VH ever wrote.
on 14 November 2009
This 2nd album is their best. Its my favourite anyway. Each song is a gem..and if you want to hear pure guitar talent listen to Spanish Fly. Its up their with Queen, Black Sabbath and Rush. This was the golden age of rock.
10 people found this helpful
on 16 May 2016
Yep - as awesome as when it first came out. A joy to be listening to this again, and it's sounds sooooo good on an MP3 player. A real treat.
One person found this helpful
on 30 April 2014
This re-mastered Van Halen cd is so much clearer and louder that the old cd . I just have to tell people to go and get these re-mastered cd .
on 8 January 2017
Great cd
on 10 February 2017
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 13 June 2012
This cd is also a great album, i like it less than the debut but it still good.
There are some claasic songs, favorite from the band.
on 22 May 2015
Very pleased with the purchas and packaging and delivery time. THANKS.
on 7 January 2015
Pure van halen
on 2 June 2015
A classic - pure 80's pop metal with a sense of humour and some fantastic guitar playing. You can almost hear the fun they had making this. And when Eddie was asked to play Eruption on a classical guitar he came up with Spanish Fly. Genius. Often mimicked, never surpassed.