• Customer reviews

HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 May 2013
We have a set of Sony MDR-G52 sports neckband headphones that we use with the PC, and the foam earpads started to disintegrate. I got these specifically as other reviewers helpfully said these replacement foam earpads are very thin. This is essential for most neckband headphones, as previously I purchased a much thicker foam version for my old Sennheiser PMX40 neckband headphones and I found the headphones no longer slotted over the ear so easily, and were too tight, making the headphones quite uncomfortable for longer listening. These thinner pads have no such problems and seem pretty identical to thin original Sony ones they replaced. Plus we got three sets for a few pounds, so 5*. We found the pads quite stretchy and easy to fit - by locating the foam at one point and then gently sliding the rest of the foam earpad over the remainder of the cup (it's quite a stretch and I was worried the foam might tear but I've fitted four of these foam earpads so far with no problems at all). Our 6 earpads (3 pairs) cost £2.50, and arrived promptly from Amazon resellers 'ICC-TECH'. They were sent loose in a thin plastic bag. These foam earpads also fitted my old Sennheiser PMX40s neckbands perfectly, with a bit of careful stretching.

Two years on (July 2015) they are still looking good on the headphones. I have just ordered another 6 earpads from ICC-Tech for £2.50 to replace the decayed ones on my wife's ancient Philips SBCHS381 neckband headphones and they also fitted perfectly, although I needed a blunt cutlery knife to tuck the earpad foam edge into the groove around the headphone earcups. Uncompressed, the earpads were around 0.5cm thick on the face and 1cm thick including the rear foldover foam ring. They are just under 5cm diameter and stretch to around 6cm when pulled. See photo.
review image
9 people found this helpful
on 20 January 2017
These fit the MDR G52 headphones fine. They are quite thin so are more suited for headphones that have limited space for padding. Not the most comfortable earpads but considering the limited space available, they fulfill their purpose adequately.
on 30 April 2014
These third party replacement ear pads breathed new life into my tired Sennheiser PX100.
I've had the amazing little cans for about 12 years and due to regular use and worldwide travel, the original pads had become so thin and compressed that they hurt my ears after only a few minutes use.I took a punt on these replacements as they are ridiculously cheap and you get 3 pairs in the pack! I see they're now down to £1.00 inc P&P? You can't buy the wood for that!
They're a little plumper than the originals, but that's actually no bad thing; they are noticeably more comfortable and although I feared this would muffle the higher frequencies somewhat, I really needn't have worried. The sound is still as wonderfully open, musical and 3-dimensional as it used to be. That slightly rich balance and dark tone is still there, just now with added comfort!
At this price, you really don't need to think about it any more; just buy them, you won't be disappointed.
on 2 April 2015
I love my old Sennheiser earphones and thought I'd have to buy a new pair when the ear pieces rotted. A problem since that model is no longer available, and the newer versions dont get as good reviews. Then I saw these. Nice price and easily fitted - there are so many included I reckon my headphones will last for about 60 years. Assuming its only the ear pieces that fail.... fingers crossed.
on 14 January 2015
These replacement earpads were a perfect fit for my PX100's and are as good quality as the originals. It's a very simple job to replace the tatty and split old earpads (just pull the old one's off and slip the replacements on, making sure to slide the open edges into the groove around the earphone). These are fantastic value for the price paid and well worth the extra week's wait for the items to arrive via the standard mail delivery method that I chose. Recommended.
VINE VOICEon 18 January 2015
These replacement ear pads will fit a range of Sennheiser headphones, and are a remarkable bargain, looking just like the originals. There are six pads in the pack , and I can tell you that I've seen them for ten quid a pair in shops before now! I've got them on PMX2's , for which they are a great fit, but as I say , they will fit a range of headphones. Don't worry about stretching them to fit, as that's what they're designed to do. Happy listening :).
on 30 June 2015
Bought these for my sennheiser PX100-II's and was a little wary as they were so cheap, but i was very impressed.

They fit perfectly, actually a little better than the originals due to a tiny beading around the bad.

Fit perfect. feel perfect, and i have 4 spare pairs! Winner!
on 14 October 2017
Good. Took a while to arrive, but fit well and work fine. My old ones had worn out. I don't expect these to last as long, but there are 6 of them, so this should see me for a while.
on 31 May 2016
Exactly what I needed, and glad I took my time picking which supplier, as at first I didn't appreciate they come in a variety of sizes! So make sure you know what you need. These are excellent, took a little while to arrive, but am more than happy, as 6 pairs for the price, can't be beat.
on 11 November 2017
I bought some of these foam earpads they are good for what they do abd I am very pleased with them for the price.