6,801

on 4 April 2010
Before getting to the actual memory card, I'd first like to mention two things I like:

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
MicroSD is almost *the* standard for mobile phones (with even stubborn manufacturers like Sony Ericsson slowly ditching their proprietary formats in favor of this) but the problem is, a lot of larger products (like cameras and laptops for instance) take only the standard SD card.
Here, it is advantageous to have the adapter because all you have to do is plug the card in your adapter and you're ready to transfer your pix/files from your phone to your laptop and vice versa.

2. The packaging won't injure you.
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of those horrible plastic-clamshell packaging which takes a knife and two steady hands to cut open; fortunately, this card ships in a neat cardboard cover which surrounds a re-sealable plastic 'case' that can also double as a storage case in case you need it (although wasn't probably intended for that purpose).

Getting to the actual card, I found the card reasonably fast with okay read and write speeds; this is most likely attributed to the "Class 4" speeds it carries, but to be honest I'm not too sure what that means for the average joe (who's probably only going to use this on their phone or whatever)

The only (small) complaint I have is that its a tad bit difficult to pull the memory card out of the adapter, but then that's hardly a complaint considering the performance and the price, so I gladly give this five stars.
66 comments| 405 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 January 2013
There are far too many fakes about and its essential you test your card on receipt, some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with full capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake.

I`ve added images to the product gallery to assist in visually identifying genuine & fake cards.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 4 card must have a write speed of 4MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s.
review image
1919 comments| 323 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2009
I bought three SanDisk equivalents and then bought three of these. Don't bother with SanDisk, these are twice the speed for the same money.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2011
Before buying this item I spent a good two hours looking for the cheapest and most trustworthy seller online. After watching several adapter and card packs on ebay and comparing about twenty shops on google shopping it appeared that no one would let this item go for less than amazon even when taking delivery charges into account. It arrived promptly and works perfectly. Save yourself some time and look no further than here. I've done the research for you. You're welcome.
on 1 December 2010
Cautious to find the fastest, biggest microSD for reasonable money, this Class 4 Kingston chip is brilliant value for money and works superbly in my HTC Desire. Adapter was sent for the larger format SD also which was a bonus. And still not seen anything for better value since!
on 19 September 2009
I bought this SD card for my phone as it has very little memory. This card has enabled me to download an enormous amount of music to listen to on the go. well worth the money :)
on 1 April 2011
I am not rating the seller, only this product. You really do need to test the product soon after buying it. I kept this product unopened as it was to form part of a present (an advent vega tablet which sold out before I could get one), so it was 3 months before I then opened the package and copied a few photos to it. Then kept it to one side until I copied some more this weekend. when I wanted to see what was on the card, there was nothing and in fact it said it needed formatting, which, after several times trying, I decided I could replace the photos anyway and eventually tried to do. The window popped up which said it was 8GB and not 32GB and then said it could not be formatted either. In properties it had 0 bytes used 0bytes free so it was a ~Dud~ and probably a fake. So - check it by copying some files across and see if it works, and check capacity is what it says it is!
66 comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2011
I bought this for my Orange San Francisco smart phone, having read several reports of problems with different makes of micro-SD card. This worked exactly as designed and has given no problems in the month it has been installed.
on 21 February 2011
Ive just purchased this card due to all the hype its been given and some of the reviews indicating that you can transfer 10.8gb of data to it in 27m 59s and another guy that mentioned a read speed of 15 MB/s and write speed of 5-6 MB/s.

In reality the speeds are garbage. It took me almost 2 hours to transfer just short of 16gb of mixed size data, ranging from a few kb to a few hundred MB using a high speed memory card reader plugged into a USB 2.0 compatible port...it took the same time as having the card plugged into the phone, acting as a glorified card reader. The card was formatted with a cluster size of 32k and actual formatted size was 14.8gb

With all the benchmarking tools ive used it also gets awful marks when compared to my previous Duracell class 2, 16gb micro sdhc card. The Duracell branded one is an unsung hero. I can get write speeds of 6mb/s and read speeds of 15mb/s with that.

Using the "AnTutu System Review" app it shows a SD Card Write speed of 2.6 to 3.6MB/S and SD Card Read Speed of 8.9 to 9.1 MB/s, with the CPU running at 998mhz. Nothing is reading or writing to the card when im running the tests, its performance is unfortunately garbage. I get even poorer results when im running the CPU slightly underclocked at 844mhz, which isnt exactly slow for a mobile phone ffs. This didnt used to be an issue at all with my Panasonic card. My Panasonic card used to get a result of 13 MB/s read speed and 6 MB/s write speed, not too shabby to say that its only a class 2 card...

Using the "SD Card Speed Test" app (also known as just "Sst") it gets the following results:

Files of 1MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 8MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 2MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 3MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 4MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 9MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 5MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 10MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.

So yeah as you can see, the card is complete garbage when it comes to writing data and its not particularly good for reading it either. If you have some apps installed on the phone like i do then its just going to make your phone laaaaaaaaaaaaag. Ive now got the dilema of sticking with this crap or backing up the conents of the card and putting it all back on my more than great class 2 Panasonic card.

Save yourself [], have a look for the 16gb class 2 panasonic card or try something else. ont get anything higher than a class 6 card if you have a HTC Desire because the phone cant cope with them and it often ends up going into a boot loop, moaning about "SD Removed".
44 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 July 2011
This is a great value card and works very well in my HTC Desire HD. Its seems to be genuine as you would expect from Amazon and is a lot cheaper than you can find in the shops. Did not need formatting worked as soon has I put it in the phone. Copying the contents of my old disk (which I had put onto my PC) was very fast. Delivery was very slow, 12 days