on 21 May 2013
KMS sent this bike trailer in just two days. Brilliant service from them. This is much bigger than other trailers such as the Avenir available from Argoos. Very well made and defifnately made of steel rather then alloy Easy to assemble apart from the top cover that seems too small for the trailer. Very hard to get the bugger to stay on. One the other hand, it says in the instructions that this cannot be fitted with bikes with QR wheels. Sorry but it can!I ride a Clasic Touriste 700C bike - a cheap one also from Amazon. The rear wheel bearings failed in two weeks so I went to Halfords for a replacement. They only had a 700C with quick release, but if you have a pair of Mole grips, this can easily be tightened enought to support the trailer pivot. Advice is to grease the mounting so that it moves freely. Also there were some issues with mounting the wheels on their axles. The instructions say to place a spring washer, a fixed washer and then a circlip to mount the wheels. On mine, there was not enough room to do this. Other reviews have suggested that the machining of the axles is not perfect. I would agree. However, with the parts provided, there is a compromise to fit the wheels so that al works. Use your own judgement on this one! Basically this is a LARGE trailer that is well made from dteel and easy to assemble. It rides well and I can completely see why it is rated at 70 kilos capacity! Just make sure that your legs will power it and that your bike brakes will stop it! ( Mine are standard V brakes and they are fine )
Top product for those of us who do no require the car. PS, Just done an entire weeks shop from a local supermarket (5 miles there and back and up and down hills in the most appalling weather and the trailer was fine - but not my legs - I am 57 you know and not Bradley Wiggins!!!)
on 11 October 2011
When it first arrived I was very pleased - it seemed of good quality and solid for the job.
When I used it I found it very heavy but accepted that as the construction is not aluminium.
Unfortunately it has not lived up to expectations.
After only owning it for 2 months - 8 uses of less than 1 mile each, one of the wheels has become unusable as the tyre has become distorted. It is also beginning to show rust around the joints.
KMS have been very prompt and supplied new wheels for it, and a contribution of £20 to having to replace the wheels, but if they distort again in the same time span, it will only have lasted 4 months!
Neither KMS nor Amazon feel that 2 months is too short a lifespan in a product of this type - what do you think? (KMS said 'It depends on usage', and Amazon 'A-Z Guarantee' said I should have sent it back within 2 weeks (there was no sign of a problem at that time).
I expected it to last a couple of years as I only use it less than twice a week.
If you are happy that it won't last more than a couple of months buy it - otherwise beware - and beware of A-Z guarantee, too, it may not be as comprehensive as the name suggests.
22 Comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2011
Arrived in good time and i was pleased with the soild build of the trailer. The shower proof canvas body and cover work well to reduce weight. I bought this so i can shop, take things to my local recycling center and short camping trips. The assembly was easy once i read (viewed) the instructions. I am looking for a rain cover to totally water proof it so things do not get soaked in a heavy down poor. Very good build and well worth the money.
on 24 May 2014
I have this very trailer, though bought it elsewhere for a similar price.
I've had mine over 2 years now and though not used regular, when I have used it on camping trips, have loaded it fully, I guess about 30kg.
I guess I use it for 3 or 4 return trips a year, those being around 20 miles each way, mostly on main roads because of the size of this beast but have used it on gravel/dirt tracks as well with no problems.
Everything is still as good as the day I bought it, though I have replaced both tyres for something a bit more substantial.
I have added reflective tape alround and reflective spoke clip ons and also use 2 high level flags on the back of it as well, I also use 2 small rear lights and 2 front lights, that fit on each of the corner posts.
The only thing I would say against it is the safety webbing strap, I find it can catch if not fitted a certain way and as I have disc brakes, this easily cuts the webbing, so I'm looking at using an off cut of brake cable instead.
on 20 April 2013
I used this trailer a good number of times now and i'm more than happy. I think it's an item that, if looked after, will last. The top cover was a bit to small but I ended up cutting one of the corners elastic and changing it for a cord I can tie in order to accomodate a flag I put on that corner. (I was aware that some car drivers were not realy noticing the trailer. Definitely needs lights...) I also lost the pin that is used to secure the trailer to the bike. Fortunately there is an other pin the same size (underneath, to be able to fold back the towing arm), and I put a big keyring on that wich also goes around the 'safety belt' sothat that can't happen again. I now secure the arm with a bolt and wingnut as I don't fold it back all the time. If you load it up on the heavy side, the spring coupling system is something to get used to as it seems to 'push and pull' a bit on takeoff. Almost like it can do with a shock absorber.
Over all lreasonoble quality for the price, good size! (slightly cheaper direct from kmsdirect)
on 23 April 2011
Arrived flatpacked and was easy to assemble, even by a klutz like me (10 mins).
It's mild steel, so it's not flyweight, and you'll have to be sensible and look after it, e.g. don't leave it out in the rain for weeks on end and expect it to look good. It performs really well. I lug loads of stuff around in it to and from the allotment and it seems very robust. For the cost of less than a tank of petrol, incl. postage, this has got to be a bargain.
on 15 February 2013
Good product. A little heavier than expected. Problem with wheel, but the company had a no nonsense policy of free replacement. Overall delighted and would recommend it.
on 31 July 2012
I bought one of these a few years ago, on eBay. Well, I competed for it in a series of daily auctions and was very pleased when I managed to secure it. I paid a little less than the Amazon asking price - I can't remember the exact details. I don't use the trailer very much, but having brought at least 40 kg of fruit and vegetables back from our local farm shop, I know what can be done with it.

I also took a massively stacked load of flat-packed cardboard to our local recycling centre one day - and that illustrates the flexibility. If you take the fabric bag off, you're left with a solid base and a framework to which you can secure your load.

Mine seems well constructed, if a little rustic here and there, and it isn't light. It rattles when empty, but then I can live with that. I pull mine behind a German-built Kettler bicycle, using the bolt-on sprig type of attachment. The Kettler has its own stand, which makes connection/disconnection relatively easy.
on 16 March 2011
a well bult good value trailer, easy to attach and detach from a bike and thoroughly recommended. You have to calmly study the instructions for a few moments and then its easy to put together.
on 26 May 2013
I had been thinking of making a bike trailer for a while but when I saw this for only £70 I decided to give it a try. KMS emailed me the same day to confirm the order and the trailer arrived 2 days later. In the box you get the folded down trailer body, wheels, axles and instructions. Assembly is fairly simple, the only slightly technical job is assembling the wheel/axle but this is fairly obvious when you read the instructions - just as well as the instructions are a little basic but you do get a free pair of circlip pliers! Once the wheels are assembled and tyres inflated they just slot and clip onto the frame and you are ready to go.

This is a utility trailer designed to carry loads rather than lightweight touring. It is solidly and simply built - definately not a lightweight- but excellent for the job it's designed for. I have used mine to fetch 2-3 50 ltr bags of compost from the local garden centre which the trailer handled with ease - the rider was struggling a bit, but it was a bit of an extreme load - something to remember if you live in a hilly area. Weekly shopping and more sensible lighter loads should be no problem. It attaches to your bike with a simple but strong fastening that only takes seconds to hitch or unhitch and the bracket doesn't get in the way when you aren't using the trailer. When pulling the trailer tracks very well and doesn't really effect the handling of the bike at all. When not in use the body folds down and the wheels unclip for easy storage.

All in all a really well thought out, sturdy piece of kit which should last years at a great price!