Format: DVD|Change

on 26 January 2013
You just dont know whats coming next. Rude crude and very funny. We all now someone who is Alan Statham.
on 20 January 2008
This unique and courageous venture on the part of Victoria Pile is a tremendous effort. A completely off-beat collection of rapid-fire scenes tied to a plotline which could be summed up in a matter of minutes, but manages to run for two series and a special. This is because the story is second place to the exposure of the many characters, hilariously realised by actors willing to do anything in the pursuit of comedy. In spite of frequent vulgarity and some truly nasty streaks, all the staff invoke a degree of sympathy which keeps you rooting for some happy endings - but life's not like that! All the cast are outstanding, but Mark Heap remains a standout as Consultant Radiologist Alan Statham. I doubt we'll see the like of Green Wing again - highly recommended.
on 8 May 2007
Funny funny funny funny funny, bloody funny. If you missed it on the tele, you have missed out on a fantastic piece of comedy. Not everyone likes Green wing, but those people are just plain weird. Buy it and you'll not stop laughing.
on 15 August 2014
Hilarious ! I remembered it was funny but even better second time round !
on 19 March 2009
This is one of the most weird sit coms I`ve ever seen, qualify as number two ever, behind BLACK BOOKS.

Mats/ Sweden.
on 24 March 2011
I was given the first series of Green Wing as a gift. It took me a while to get round to watching it since the person who gave it to me likes some odd things (The Mighty Boosh?!?!).

Green Wing is odd. I can definitely say that some people won't like it. I wasn't really sure if I liked it for most of the first season, but I felt somehow compelled to buy the rest and see how it all turns out. I'm still not 100% sure I liked it. But... I didn't hate it, and wanted to watch more of it, and was sad when it ended. I've even got other people to watch it. Does that mean I liked it?

What I can definitely say is that much like The Office (which this is both like and not like) it's in places 'cringe TV', there are parts that are so uncomfortable it's hard to watch, and it's almost a relief when they are over. There are completely surreal moments where it seems as though the show has jumped the shark completely. There's deep, deep emotional turmoil at times. There's laugh-out-loud comedy. There are genuinely touching moments. There's slapstick-type gags. There's gross-out comedy moments. There's also some stuff about a hospital in there too.

The acting throughout is superb, and the characters (even the horrible ones) are engaging and really well written, I really found myself caring about them. The cast is of course formed from some exceptionally talented actors who are most known for their comedy roles, so I guess generally this should be seen as a comedy played straight (mostly), but it's more than that too.

To wrap up: Think of a cross between SPACED, The Office and Peep Show then add a twist of Black Books and a generous helping of M*A*S*H (the series) and you're probably getting close.
on 23 January 2011
I consider this to be an excellent series; I enjoyed it when it was broadcast, but watching the whole series over three nights was even better entertainment. The characters are believable and well portrayed, of course they are writ too large to be entirely credible, but it is not a documentary. The last programme ended in fantasy and on first (television) viewing it descended into complete fantasy, but watched as the culmination of the session, it did provide an amusing finale. One criticism that applies to many such films is that the deleted scenes are not included in the narrative. Perhaps this is because of the timing schedules of television, but they do add to the story, this is a minor point.
on 4 February 2010
I'd already watched Green Wing on tv, so I knew how good it was-but I wanted to see it again (and again). Not only is it very funny but it also has a beautiful balance of pathos. Despite their bizarre behaviour the characters have real depth, and you find yourself feeling an incredible sympathy for them in their quieter moments.
I think this is why it stands repeated viewing, it works on multiple levels.
Lots of extras-hours of quality entertainment.
on 7 March 2010
An absolute gem of British sureal sometimes black comedy.
Was recommended to me by a friend and is without doubt the funniest comedy I have seen for years. All the cast are brillant ,in particular Michelle Gomez who was the pick of them.
Why oh why do we not see more of this type of humour - as I say one of the few series that has me laughting out loud.
If you do not care for PC this is one worth watching.
on 11 June 2010
I watched this on the telly,and loved it then. So little good stuff on telly now, I bought this to cheer me up and cheer me up, it does! This stuff is so random and off the wall, even if you've seen it before, it never fails to make you laugh, wince or just identify with it! Would highly recommend this for a damned good laugh, or just to go somewhere else in your head for a while!