Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(1 star). See all 56 reviews
on 19 July 2012
This book has reminded me again why I, a committed Christian, do not read "Christian Fiction" - most writers of this genre try too hard to write an exciting book and then fit in a little God-talk to make it more acceptable.
For me, the plot was thin, and tried too hard to be too many things - a romance (stereotyped and not well-developed), a mystery (again, the "clues" were all over the place, unlikely and poorly developed) and a person's transformation story. Well, she did not change much, Tish remained the same difficult, unlikeable person, with a story that could have been very moving but was too drawn out in some places and too cut short in others.
Yes I read the whole book as I was interested to see where the author would finally go, there were so many places she could have ended up. At least the ending was a surprise!
My suggestion? Pick ONE theme and develop it, flesh out the characters more, and stop trying to make it a Christian book if there is hardly any talk about God but more about church. It does more harm than good.
Oh - and keep the prices low, as no one should pay much for this.
on 21 June 2011
I gave up on this book when I was just 15% in - a rarity for me. I simply couldnt stand the drawn out story telling and detailed dscription of literally everything that was going through the main characters head any longer. It really is like a minute by minute account of a person's day and thoughts and it was really off-putting. As a previous reviewer mentioned, the story may have been tighter if the author had concentrated on removing all the unnecessary waffle.
on 7 June 2011
Couldn't decide what this book was actually supposed to be. It tried to be a love story whilst making an attempt at being a thriller but didn't really do either very well. I plodded onto the end but it was hard work.