Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Fitbit

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(5 star). See all 54 reviews
on 17 April 2011
I enjoyed this book so much that I immediately bought the other two in the series! The main characters of the book are Christian but the religious aspect is a backdrop to the main storyline. Tish (Patricia) is a house renovator. She buys a large Victorian house, intending to sympathetically modernise it, sell it and move on. However, life is never quite that simple. She starts to imagine a dead body and ghost in the house. A real dead body is discovered in her cellar and she is immediately arrested ~ a prime suspect as she has already been in prison for murder and the new victim is someone that she had a public argument with. The characters are well developed and realistically quirky and flawed (Tish, herself, has a huge amount of emotional baggage!) and the story flows smoothly and quickly. Who is the body that Tish imagines lays buried in concrete in her cellar? Who killed this invisible victim? Who killed the official who is found dead in her house? People's trustworthiness is questioned as characters are developed and explored. Who can Tish really trust? Amid all the mayhem of the murder, conspiracies and relationships, two men start falling in love with the flawed heroine. However, can she forgive herself enough to accept their love? An absolutely brilliant read, that made me want to jump straight in to the next book in the series ~ fortunately, as a Kindle owner, I was able to buy the next two books (it's a 3 book series) and download them immediately.
Footnote ~ Another reviewer was offended by the author's assumption that people from South London were "commoners" (a term that has been freely used in our history, to denote people not of aristocratic birth). I am from South London and this doesn't offend me ~ I have noticed in films that Americans often see the English in very stereotypical groups (aristocracy, "commoners" lol, flat capped Yorkshire men etc) and as we often see the same type casting in British media, I personally wouldn't be hypocritical enough to be offended by it.
on 24 May 2013
I loved this story, it was very well written and the characters were charming and easy to empathise with. I wish there was a little more romance though, rather than brad declaring his love, but the story was great either way. Highly recommend this, and I'll be reading more of Nicole young 's books.
on 10 September 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish, an intriguing storey line which kept me guessing, the ending, I think is a cliff hanger with scope for a follow up, all in all a very good read.
on 20 November 2013
This book was great. If you are into solving the mystery, you will definitely enjoy this book. It will keep you guessing until the end.
on 25 February 2014
Absolutely fantastic book! I was gripped from the first page til the last ! Would recommended to anyone that likes these books
on 10 February 2014
This book had me gripped from the start. I honestly couldn't put it down. Brilliant reading from start to finish.
on 8 June 2013
Lots of twists and turns. First time I've read a book by this author. Would read more of her books any time.
on 29 March 2011
I give this book 5 stars as I loved it and found it really compelling. I finished it in a day and bought the second in the series shortly after.
on 10 June 2016
Loved the book from beginning to the end.can't wait for book two. Will get it as soon as I can
on 30 January 2015