on 7 July 2017
Did the job protecting the screen
on 2 April 2013
I messed up the alignment on my first attempt. Although sticking these things on is always fiddly, the protectors fit the screen perfectly.
on 23 May 2011
The protectors arrived very quickly, well packed and complete with a cleaning cloth and a handy soft card to aid application.

I fitted one at the first attempt with no problems and am very pleased with the result.

They fit the Desire HD perfectly and are clear enough to be almost invisible.

You don't get full instructions but it's fairly easy to see what you need to do:
Clean the phone's screen and try to avoid dust or hair settling on it.
Remove the tab and layer with the number 1 on it.
Align with the screen edges and carefully apply.
Smooth out any bubbles gently using the soft card.
Remove the tab and layer with the number 2 on it.
Job done!

These protectors appear to be good value for money. The only thing stopping me from giving 5 stars is that although there are 6 protectors you only get one cleaning cloth. I'm not sure how long it'll last!
on 8 April 2011
The size of these screen protectors are a perfect fit. The protective film that is applied to the HD screen have their own protectors on both sides which assist fitting and to protects them before placing. Fitting was easier than I thought and I got it spot-on first time. Before placing, I had lifted one of the outer covers which was a mistake, as that small area in one corner has not stuck down.

Once a week I use Isopropyl Alcohol, for example, ISOPROPANOL IPA Isopropyl Alcohol 99.9% Pure (250ml) to get the finger grease off and to return the protector surface to as-new condition. After 4 weeks of daily use the first screen protector is still as good as the day applied, so these protectors should last quite a while as there are 5 more to use. I use a silicon cover on the rear of the HD, so this may have contributed to keeping the edges of the screen protector from peeling back.

So excellent value protection and well recommended.
on 12 July 2011
Screen protectors are notoriously difficult to fit 100% blemish-free, so I'll forgive the almost invisible speck of dust that arrived between meticulous cleaning of the screen and applying the protector, resulting in a tiny bubble near the edge. However, I think the small bubbles which appeared at the lower corners could have been avoided. They resulted from the rounded corners catching almost imperceptibly on the phone's raised edge. This was difficult to avoid because the protector is such a tight fit. I accept that there is little tolerance because the screen is so close the the top and sides; but there is some leeway at the bottom, and a whisker off the length of the protector would have been perfect.

That said, these are well produced and excellent value, and I guess a perfectionist could improve the fitting by trimming just ½mm off the bottom corners with a sharp Stanley knife.

UPDATE

Tried again after watching a youtube video and lopping a bit off the bottom corners with the said Stanley knife. Perfect! Why don't manufacturers trial their products properly? Because this one didn't, I've lopped off a rating star as well as the corners.

By the way, though the youtube video (first one in a search for "screen protector") was helpful, I find that using a thumb instead of a card is just as effective and, for me, much less cumbersome. Just to be sure, you can always go over the screen with a card once it's in place.
Fitting a screen protector is always a good idea especially if you are considering reselling the phone at a later date. A phone that has always had a case/cover and a screen protector fitted will be in much better condition in six months time no matter how careful you are.

Having used screen protectors previously I had no trouble in getting one of these onto my Desire HD. The fit is perfect and once fitted it is totally invisible on the phone.

If you have never fitted a screen protector before then you may find the fitting process frustrating and you could well waste a few protectors before you get one to fit. If you search online you can find help videos that show you how it should be done. My own personal tip is that once you have cleaned the screen using the little supplied lint free cloth, give the screen a light blow with an air duster (a tin of canned air). Don't use too much, just a very quick light squirt or it will form ice on the screen. This removes any tiny specs of dust that settle after cleaning. Then apply the screen protector as quickly as possible after this. If you get the alignment right you should not need to remove any air bubbles at all.

Overall: 5 stars - As this is a fulfilled by Amazon product, delivery was lightning quick and the product itself is good quality and good value.
on 16 July 2012
I've owned my HTC Desire HD for over a year now, and thus far have had to purchase one packet of these GreyMobiles 'screen scratch protectors'. They are stunning. I have friends who also own large touch-screen phones, and I hear nothing but complains regarding how difficult their screen protectors are to get on, and indeed off, and how fast they degrade... Not with these ones! I've had to replace mine on average once every two months, and that is mainly because I'm just picky and like a brand new one! If you have a Desire HD, and don't want huge scratches gouged out of the screen, then buy these! (Did I mention they are the cheapest on the site, and also arrived before the delivery estimate?!?)
on 29 May 2012
I have bought several screen protectors from very cheap models to the most expensive ones. This product is great and is the best I have used. It fits perfectly with only few mm to spare, making it very easy to install, without any bubbles or dust underneath the protector. Also it is the most clear I have seen, without any orange skin effect. I have used it for more than month and until now it does not have any scratches on the protector.The delivery was very quick and at this price to receive a pack of 6 quality screen protectors it's a bargain. Very satisfied with the product, no problems at all!
on 17 August 2011
I had to use three of the six screen protectors provided before I could get it so that there was a reasonably small number of bubbles. The application process is not at all practical, as dust easily attaches itself to the sticky side. Though the process took (third try!) about one second over all, there is still dust under the protector and bubbles at the edge of the screen that will not go; the bubbles in the middle took a while to get rid of but were gone eventually, but I can't push the edge bubbles any further towards the edge to get rid of them.

On the upside, it is a screen protector.
on 21 December 2010
I bought this item about a month ago and I'm really pleased with it.

Applying the protector was much easier than I thought with the card that's included. I got it right with the first screen protector so I have the rest as back up. The screen is 99.9% covered with it, just 1/2 millimetre not covered at the bottom border which I don't really touch so no issues.