on 5 December 2010
I have a personal interest in this. I was in the front row at the Albert Hall, London, when this was recorded in April, courtesy of a bit of good fortune with [...]. It's a fantastic place to sit and watch a master craftsperson at work - about 20 feet away from Joan in full flight. I therefore leapt at the chance to order this album as soon as news of it broke.

The concert DVD has a couple of bonus tracks, making 23 in all. The DVD is in straight stereo. I might have hoped for a 5.1 option, perhaps, but I'm being picky. It's a very professional record of the Tour set. We could feel every drum-beat and see ever beat of sweat from our RAH seats. The two CD/DVD set will never deliver that experience, but played loud, it came close! Joan is a consumate professional, and the recordings catch every note and slide of her stunning guitar-playing. "Something's Gotta Blow", "Two Tears" and "Into the Blues" are my personal favourite tracks, and "Willow" always brings a lump to the throat. "All the way from America" actually lost something on the DVD.

If you caught Joan live too, you will want this as a souvenier. If you didn't or have not yet, and especially if you are new to Joan Armatrading (is there anyone like that?), you will want it too as a taste of what you've missed so far. "So far"? Yup, make no mistake, Joan gets better and better. She will be 60 years young on 9 December. That itself is amazing me, but I wish her many, many more years performing at this level. I'll be in the audience any time she's near, make no mistake.
on 31 May 2016
It was a wasome concert. I thoroughly enjoyed both DVDs
on 20 December 2015
3 stars for the sound quality! The filming was a bit dark!
on 8 January 2011
Simply superb performance was blown away by the DVD and transported further when I listened to the 2 CD on my Hi fi. Captured the spirit and sound of the occasion perfectly.
I saw Joan with her top flight band and the excellent Lisbee Stainton at Dorking Halls in May 2010 a little while after the recorded the Albert Hall set. This package perfectly reflected the evening in Dorking. The set is an excellent mix of new and old from her vast repretoire. Having seen her over the years she just gets better and better. I love her more recent releases "Into the Blues" and "This Charming Life" and was delighted with the prominence of these along with the extended and newly artificed versions of back catalogue numbers. A highly recommended purchases - can that woman play!
on 14 January 2011
Anyone who loves Joan will not be disappointed with this wonderful CD and DVD. The diversity of her work really shines through in this musical journey through pop, rock, blues, easy-listening and just plain old good performance! The quality of the DVD and recordings is excellent. It is well produced. This is an album fans will love, and anyone who hasn't heard of Joan Armatrading should tune into this album to glimpse what a great British song-writer she is. Well Done Joan. Thank you for the gift of your music to our ears. I fail to see how anyone could be disappointed with this anthology of this very successful artist - Ms Joan Armatrading. Sit back...enjoy!
What a great package this is, the entire 'Albert Hall' concert by Joan Armatrading on both CD and DVD. The set list includes most, if not all, of the greatest hits and is a really good recording. There is a real live feel to the album which is really enjoyable. This is definitely a 'must have' for any JA fan.
on 17 May 2011
I've always been a big JA fan. She is never predictable. I was suprised to see no extra guitarist on stage, but after watching the DVD, not needed. Very intimate concert.
on 31 July 2015
Having seen Joan during her final solo tour we bought this live album as a reminder of her wonderful songs. Very atmospheric. Enjoyable.
on 7 April 2015
Great performance by Joan
on 11 November 2012
Have ordered this 2CD + DVD as a Christmas gift to myself but not from myself (LOL)! so have not heard it yet but being a big fan of Joan over the many years and having seen her live in concert recently at St David's Hall in Cardiff I am sure that it will be an absolute joy to watch and listen too. She is actually 60 next month on 9th Dec (same day as my wife - 50). Joan still has a fantastic voice and is a brilliant guitarist. She is very humourous and interacts with her audience wonderfully. Looking forward to my pressie! Happy Birthday Joan and thanks.